Supplier Quality EngineerAbout Us:
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The Supplier Quality Engineer will collaborate with Engineering, Project Management, Site Quality Team and Global Sourcing team on all activity required to effectively manage supplier quality requirements & supplier development. This is a new permanent role based in GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon, Clare. We are essentially looking for an individual with strong mechanical or electrical background engineer with auditing experience.Essential Responsibilities:
- Focal point for supplier quality related activities for the supplier base
- Coordinate, direct, and manage vendor quality activities with focus on issue resolution (CA/PA), supplier's approval, qualifications, development, process control, and quality assurance consistent with Global Sourcing quality initiatives.
- Technical focal point for supplier activities directed toward process control and quality assurance of site material and components
- Drive continuous improvement of vendor's quality performance through Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma principles and methodology
- Monitor and drive for Cost of Failure/ Quality (COF / COQ) reduction within the business and working with the Sourcing/Commercial teams costs associated with ejects/defects
- Monitor suppliers' non-conforming performance/ trends, and identify and drive process improvement, root cause analysis, and corrective actions CTQ
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers towards assuring product/process compliance with engineering.
- Engineering degree from an accredited university or college
- Proven experience in Engineering with an Electronics/ Machining/ Fabrication background ideally
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skill set and ability to co-ordinate multiple priorities Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment
- Highly self-motivated, results/metrics driven with demonstrated influencing skills
- Knowledge of quality tools and statistical analysis in ISO9001/AS9100 QMS requirements and applications preferably in Oil & Gas/ Energy Industry/ Aerospace business
- Lead Auditor qualified through a recognized accreditation body desirable but relevant training can be given.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more Career Level