Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: WARSAW, Poland
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
You will be an integral part of the MCS Manifold team that is technical responsible for defining, developing and delivering subsea manifold systems to the programs, tenders and projects.
The Design group have the responsibility for engineering design activities for structures, piping, jumpers and spool system, and to give input to analysis, specifications and other relevant documentation, in addition to engineering support during fabrication. Designers from our group will provide engineering support during studies, tendering and detail engineering in delivery projects. The responsibility will also include cross-functional work to define, implement and test the solutions.
Typical work tasks and defined responsibilities in the role:
• Create parts, assemblies and drawings with Creo CAD software,
• Create models and drawing packages from concept to fabrication stage,
• Be part of a design team within manifold system projects,
• Work with other Design Engineers and Lead Engineers to develop design concepts,
• Contribute to team effort to meet project milestones and needs,
• Consider safety, quality, cost and manufacturability in designs.
• MSc or BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent,
• Some experience in engineering.
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems,
• Familiar with rules, regulations and code's within the Oil & Gas industry (ISO, Eurocode 3, DNV),
• Team work experience.
• Experienced in mechanical hardware design and development,
• Have a good understanding of production processes for metals,
• Strong grasp of materials
• Have an understanding of Engineering drafting techniques, geometrical dimensioning and tolerances,
• Highly proactive and results oriented,
• High level of curiosity and creativity combined with strong analytical and problem solving skills,
• Ability to work systematically on your own as well as part of a team.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more