At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Full-Stack Java Developer will work with the customer, product owner and development team to implement Java solutions on the server backends as well as business logic for the frontends. This includes working with back-end technologies as well as database backends. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the cloud-based platform.Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes
- Work with other front-end developers to define best practices and processes around user interface development Collaborate with teams, near-shore, and offshore based team members to deliver software solutions
- Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements
- Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes
- Provide functional and technical documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with proven experience of IS, IT, or Computer Science) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- IS, IT, Computer Science or Engineering experience with some focus in front end design and development framework (Angular, Node, or similar)
- Demonstrated experience in developing object-oriented software, following test-driven-development processes. Demonstrated experience in developing using back-end technologies such as Java, Jesper Reports, Node.js, JSP, JBoss/WildFly, JPA & modern tooling (NPM, Maven, Git)
- Demonstrated experience in developing solutions with SQL database backends such like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience with NoSQL (schema-less) database backends
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Collaboration using Git/GitHub source control
- Working knowledge of responsive design concepts and frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels
- Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non technical and executive audiences
- Stutensee, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more