Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tananger, Rogaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Project Engineer is responsible for defined work and projects with moderate complexity, and provides assistance to projects within Manifold Systems in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
• Provide engineering administrative support in programs, projects, FEEDs and tenders
• Develop templates and documentation for the assigned programs, projects, FEEDs and tenders
• Act as Interface Engineer on projects, and coordinate interface management
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned programs and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Communicate status and problems to project/program leaders and management
• Provide follow up of progress and reporting of programs, projects, FEEDs and tenders
• Provide documentation of procedures for site management and program/ project management
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
• MSc or BSc from an accredited university or college
• English fluent verbal and written
• Familiar with Teamcenter/ePIMS/ePIC/SAP/IPEM/Oracle
• Proven years of experience with relevant responsibilities within subsea engineering
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (or a high school diploma / GED with some experience in supporting role in oil & gas industry, preferably subsea)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization, and external customers
• Proven team building ability
• Problem analysis and resolution skills
• Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities, support multiple programs / projects, and balance conflicting needs
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
• Knowledge of GE processes and procedures is preferred
Hovik / Trondheim, Norway
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more