Lead Mechanical EngineerAbout Us:
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team is currently seeking a MWL Engineer with experience in Mechanical engineering subjects to leverage her\\his technology and process domain expertise to execute projects, ensure outcomes are delivered on time, within scope and budget and with required quality. Both for NPI and NTI's projects he\\she will collaborate with other groups and functions to provide expertise and hands on delivery for the team to execute to our strategic goals.Essential Responsibilities:
- Understand machining methods and develop approach how consolidate methods into Cam Automation tools
- Improve and standardize machining processes, develop MFG practices ensuring consistency with shop activities.
- Linked with Quality Plan and Top issues, consolidate all lessons learned.
- Develops practical and innovative ways to improve conventional machining (process and tooling), quality and productivity
- Acts as a leader on specific tasks that require a broad experience base on conventional Machining , technology and fabrication
- Identify plans to ensure technical requirements, costs, and schedules are met.
- Close to Manufacturing Engineering organization for conventional machining for all BHGE Plant
- Be oriented to team work contributing to accomplish team project overall goals
- Facilitates interaction of staff members with each other and external organizations.
- Available for short and medium term travel abroad
- Engineering Master's degree or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 10 years of manufacturing or shop experience)
Preferable experience of direct manufacturing, assembly, or test ; CAM knowledge and NX CAD/CAM system
- Metal Cutting technologies background
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
- Six Sigma (at least GB) certified
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more Career Level