Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Florence, Tuscany, Italy
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE Field Service Engineers are a vital link providing power to the world. They lead the installation, maintenance and start-up of a board range of equipment @ Customers' site. BHGE Field Service Engineers before acting as a technical competent person has to be a role model in embracing a culture of HSE (Health, Safety, Environmental), Quality and Compliance pillars to be always promoted worldwide.
As a BHGE Field Service Engineer you will represent GE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Providing on-site technical direction to skilled labor during Gas Turbines Installation, Maintenance and Commissioning activities on Customer Owned Sites in remote Oilfields, Industrial Facilities and LNG Plant
• Leading Installation, Maintenance, Commissioning Site Activities with proper Customer/Company Schedule Targets Mindset following strictly Quality and HSE Rules
• Utilizing Problem Solving Skills, Engineering Instructions, Drawings, and Process Instructions during Gas Turbines Commissioning and Start-up Activities
• Possessing the Technical Capability to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for Gas Turbines Products
• Preparation of job-planning documents based to Assignment's Scope of Work (Installation, Upgrade, Outage)
• Communicating effectively
• Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent knowledge or work experience
• Significant work experience, preferably in the Energy or Oil & Gas industry
• Strong knowledge on Heavy Duty Gas Turbine (FR3, FR5, FR7, FR9) installation/maintenance philosophy
• Fluent oral and written English
• Strong customer service-orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
• Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Health, Safety and Environmental mindset and compliance
• This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction including offshore
• EU Work Permit
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred or equivalent knowledge or work experience
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Italy - Florence.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more