Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell Finance plays a vital role in enabling Shell's world-class investment case. Shell Finance consistently delivers effective and innovative financial support to Shell companies across the globe by focusing on three themes of Business Impact, Operational Excellence and World-Class People. Shell Finance offers a diverse environment for ambitious individuals looking to build a rewarding and exciting career in the energy industry.
Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance to business for opportunities or challenges prioritized based on value and risk. We, as finance team, are responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities.
India has been prioritized as a growth market for Shell and is on an accelerated growth path. Retail business is expanding from ~150 sites currently to ~1200 sites by 2026 and the Finance Advisor will play a key role in the growth of Shell Retail Business in India.
You will work on a variety of activities/opportunities assigned by the Pool (Finance) Manager based on Value/Risk (e.g. control frameworks concerns, performance management, large investment cases, complex contracts) depending on the requirements :
• Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of centers of excellence.
• Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed.
• Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management.
• Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place.
• In activities where Finance Operations and Business act together to deliver, lead/initiate structural improvement projects and leaves the accountability for delivery with the accountable people.
• Bring in new proposals of high value activities to the Pool Manager who decides on the resource allocation.
• Actively look for opportunities to reduce non value adding Finance activity ("demand management").
• Maximize use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes.
• You as part of a pool supporting the business:
• Work on various opportunities across multiple activities and are not dedicated to a specific activity or business partner. The work you perform will change over time and be prioritized based on value and risk, and professional development.
• You will work on specific projects/transactions work with business stakeholders to work as the voice of Finance to deliver as "One Finance" with the Centers of Excellence and Finance Operations.
• Acts across organizational boundaries as required in the specific activity
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
• Minimum 10 to 15 years post qualification experience in reputed Multinational multi-divisional manufacturing sector organizations.
• Hands-on working experience in SAP.
• Highly achievement and performance orientation, and a consistent track record of high performance in academic pursuits and professional career.
• Proven track record of implementation of complex projects in the organization.
The position reports to Retail Finance Manager and is currently based out of Bangalore. The candidate should be mobile and flexible to relocate to other locations as future growth in the organization may require mobility to other cities where Shell operates.
Finance Advisors demonstrate/have/develop:
• Expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences.
• Strong Stakeholder management skills
• Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external stakeholders building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk.
• Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table.
• Project management skills and flexibility to support across multiple and diverse activities/assets.
You will benefit from:
• Opportunity to contribute to the delivery of a or multiple business/function specific Finance agenda.
• Broad opportunities for development as a result of pooled working, where there will be more variety and complexity in the experiences an Advisor will get over their job tenure.
• Ability to apply Finance skills to a variety of business activities and gain better understanding of end to end value chains.
• Enhanced peer learning opportunities (knowledge sharing) due to commonalities of activities performed by pool members. This will be more "pull" than "push".
• Developing the capability to quickly understand the value drivers, risks, dimensions, and business players a (new) parts of the business the pool supports.
• Learning how and when to appropriately leverage Business Finance, Centers of Excellence and Finance Operations to effectively support the business/function, thereby developing an ability to take overall Finance accountability.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video