Doha, Doha, Qatar
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Skills: Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Drilling Engineer
Duration : January 2020 - December 2020 (one year)
To plan the drilling, workover and completion operations assuring that operations are performed according to plan and are being carried out safely, efficiently and economically; managing required manpower, rig/barge, material supplies and stocks; resolving difficulties which could otherwise delay drilling / workover progress.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensures that all aspects of the drilling, workover operations are considered during both planning and implementation phases within own area of responsibility.
- Reports to Senior Drilling Engineer on regular basis on the progress of operation and agree on any corrective action if necessary.
- Ensures that drilling, workover, and completion operations are carried out safely, according to the best practice and in accordance with the programs and all relevant Company standards and HSE manuals.
- Ensures all necessary equipments, personnel, and services are available at site in timely manner.
- Monitors material consumption and stock availability at the operation site and warehouse.
- Provides assistance to all colleagues where new drilling and workover projects are being considered to ensure that accurate cost and time estimates are made.
- Liaises effectively with all third parties, local authorities and other departments as applicable for the best interest of Company.
- Monitors, reviews, and processes all invoices related to material and services for the department.
- Prepares the required documents related to all tender activities providing material and services for the planned Company activities, perform technical and commercial tender evaluation and provide explanation and justification in all tender related matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Petroleum Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in Oil and Gas industry o Shorten experience duration is acceptable, subject to manager's approval.
- Proven work record in the Middle East (preferable).
- Familiar with legal and contractual matter.
- Computer Literate in MS Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Location: Office in Doha, AC conditioned. Offshore site visit if required.