Responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining sourcing systems/processes, horizontally, across product companies in support of the value chain. Provides technology leadership including architecture, implementation and sustenance of systems. Works with a single team, across teams, Baker Hughes Oil Field Services Product Company, or entire Baker Hughes product companies to implement digital technology strategies. May manage employees or contractors in multiple distinct areas of work.Essential Responsibilities:
In this role of Senior Staff Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for identifying opportunities for process standardization across product companies and geographies, to drive measurable value that impacts Baker Hughes financials
- Communicate effectively across the organization. Manages business expectations, evaluates risk, generates alternatives, and balances priorities and service level
- Manage DT product lifecycle from cradle to grave, including vendor relationship, responsible for overall feasibility of solution deployed. Works collaboratively with peer DT colleagues. Adheres, follows and improves shared DT procedures. Establish alliances and foster affinity and team spirit
- Manage DT program / project / agile teams, including cross-functional staff or external consultants. Develop high-performing teams through functional and technical leadership skills. Provides functional / technical assistance to the team in implementing eProcurement solutions
- Product management for various Ariba functionality / modules. Ability to advice on best mechanisms in Ariba to respond to business needs
- Facilitate Requirement gathering session, document business requirements; perform FIT Gap Analysis, document decision, maintain Ariba configuration work book and coordination of deployment activities
- Perform functional and integration testing, respond to 'how to' application configuration and functional questions
- Be responsible for managing the L2/L3 support team for Ariba
- Manage 3rd party team for L2/L3 support and work with Ariba on enhancements, upgrade and testing
- Continuously improve the support structure by building 'know how' and other FAQ for Ariba users
- Monitor integration points between SAP ERP and Ariba, troubleshoot and support integration errors and work with internal IT to resolve issues
- Be responsible for Ariba deployment with minimal changes
- Maintain technical and training documents
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience along with established leadership across the discipline and function
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing eProcurement tools like Ariba
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SAP and/or Oracle ERP procurement modules and sourcing tools
- Travel 50% of the time, as required
Work out of an office located in Houston TX
- Overall knowledge on procure to pay process and understand various Ariba modules
- Proven track record of supporting business users on product, issues and FAQ on tool / functionality
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills from both a strategic and technical standpoint across the function and business in a complex global matrix organization.
- Places high emphasis on strategy & influence. Ability to influence at the peer level is key
- Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined.
- Strong business analysis and problem problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Ample experience with sourcing & eProcurement processes and tools especially Ariba along with other business processes such as finance, procurement, inventory etc.
- Experience in implementing and deploying eProcurements tools like Ariba, iSupplier etc.
- Experience and understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience using Excel or MS Project as a project management tools
- Experience with Visio flowcharting and MS Access a plus
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Learn more
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.