Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To support the effective implementation of Corrosion and Risk Management services to the allocated Assets/sites. This service is to be in line with Oceaneering and Client's documentary requirements and onshore / offshore legislation where applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to our clients in Corrosion Engineering and Risk Assessment activities for Pressure Systems in accordance with client contractual requirements
- Ensure projects are performed in accordance with industry codes/standards, legislation, accreditation, and Oceaneering or Client policies/procedures
- Assist in preparation and implementation of corrosion management strategies, procedures, standards and plans
- Support the risk based assessment process on behalf of the client, and provide material and corrosion related expertise and effectively interact with multi-disciplinary RBA or other process groups
- Assist in workscope for corrosion circuits, collation of data and credible corrosion threats as required
- Assist with engineering analysis, assessments, investigations and research within agreed parameters
- Support with development of corrosion management or risk assessment reports or documents
- Support input to the Client short and long term plans in accordance with Client planning process
- Attend technical or planning meetings as required
- Support the Line Manager in management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management including budgets/forecasting
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline in a relevant subject (e.g. Corrosion, Materials, Metallurgy, Chemical, Chemistry)
- Master's Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline in a relevant subject (e.g. Corrosion, Materials, Metallurgy, Chemical, Chemistry)
- No previous experience essential but desirable to have 1 year of relevant experience in relation to the job description.
- Understanding of standards, risk assessments, process or production chemistry, and material properties associated with the integrity of plant and equipment.
- Good communicator, both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others and clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.