Role Summary: #zr
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an immediate opening for an Instrument/Electrical Supervisor at our Pasadena, TX location. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, GE company offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.Essential Responsibilities:
- Follows up daily with all personnel in order to ensure compliance with HSE regulations and work procedures.
- Ensures the availability of all necessary resources (people, material, equipment, tools, parts, etc.) in order to guarantee safe and reliable operation and/or maintenance of site assets.
- Manages the PM work execution, Work Order closure by due date and ensures all change requests are completed.
- Schedules I/E work priorities, manages I/E workload, and ensures high quality completion of I/E work.
- Develops job plans, develops material packages, purchases necessary material, and oversees execution of job plan.
- Monitors and replenishes I/E Material inventory and tracks stock usage.
- Actively participates in troubleshooting and resolving mechanical and process issues.
- Anticipates potential problems to avoid downtime; stabilize, slowdown or shutdown any activity that could result in an injury, process safety event, environmental event or unstable situations.
- Proposes procedure revisions to continuously improve site performance and compliance requirements.
- Collaborates with engineering to identify problems, propose solutions, and implement improvements to production processes according to site directives.
- Off hours accountability with maintenance activities related to instrument and electrical issues.
- Directly supervise Instrument Technician group.
- Actively assess employee skills and provide training and coaching as needed.
- Develops personnel through coaching, feedback, and unit assignments.
- Provides recognition and feedback to employees while acting as a coach and counselor.
- Supervises employees in a bias-free, non-discriminatory manner in employee hiring, promotions, performance improvement, and other employee related practices and decisions.
- Be an effective communicator with the technicians, as well as between shift, day staff, and unit management.
- Coordinates activities with support groups ensuring the effective operability of company assets.
- Champion innovative ideas from site employees.
- Completes behavioral safety observations assessments and audits, etc.
- Correct personnel issues that arise within their assigned area.
- Ensures direct reports are staying in compliance with all applicable training and compliance notifications.
- Addresses problems with regard to safety, environmental, equipment, process or personnel issues and escalates them appropriately.
- Ensures issues are reported, investigated, and resolved in a timely manner and corrective action is taken where appropriate.
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in plant operations, engineering or technical field in addition to supervisory experience.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience within an I/E group.
- Must have excellent leadership, communication, written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated strong independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to read engineered drawings, such as P&ID's, Instrument Loop Sheets, spec sheets, one-line diagrams, other schematics, narratives and product manuals to assist in repairs and material requisitioning.
- Must be able to understand and adhere to strict environmental, health, safety, security and quality policies.
- Willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Maximo CMMS experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience in design, maintenance, and repair of control valves, Coriolis flow meters, load cells, and PLC's is preferred.
- ISA CCST Certification desired.
"To apply, please email email@example.com"Locations:
Pasadena, TX 77507
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more