Skills: Process Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Blaine, Washington, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Utilizes various reliability tools in support of continuous improvement including leading or supporting key activities of the reliability program.
- Capable of using probability and statistical analysis tools for evaluation of equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a unit availability perspective and an equipment reliability strategy. This includes documenting problematic equipment and providing input into the maintenance, operations and turnaround strategies.
- Responsible for analyzing data and providing input and context to operational and maintenance activities.
- Supports the overall life cycle cost of the asset to meet business strategies by providing input to the following items.
- Assists in the development of the long-range asset management strategy and unit maintenance budget.
- Maintains critical equipment registers, Preventative Maintenance (PM) system and processes this within the Computerized Maintenance Management system (CMMS) Maximo.
- Serves to flag and advise the Unit Asset Teams with regard to risks related to equipment reliability, unit availability and mechanical integrity.
- Provides reliability focused oversight for discipline engineering.
- Gives input into the yearly budgets based upon knowledge of inspection, unit reliability plans, and PM requirements.
- Provides "Area Influence" (ownership and direction) related to discipline engineering for cycle-ending turnaround activities.
- Identifies reliability/availability improvement type projects and develops initial justification, incentives and business value to support the funding request.
- Inputs to large (capital or expense funded) projects
- Works closely with the Maintenance, Operations and Process Teams in performing RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) and asset management improvement.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or Equivalent.
- Professional Engineering License
- Required: Minimum 10 plus years in Reliability Engineering/Maintenance Engineer/Process Engineer or equivalent. Experience supporting maintenance, reliability, process or project engineering is essential.
- Preferred: Oil and Gas Experience, Meridium Software
- Other Criteria (ex. Certifications, ability to work at heights)
- Required: Successful candidate must have a TWIC card on their first day of employment. More information can be found on the TSA website: https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement