Skills: Maintenance Manager, Machinist, Workshop
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
ASA Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Machine Shop Supervisor for their client based in the Dyce area of Aberdeen.
* To effectively supervise the Machine Shop facility to meet requirements of the business.
* To supervise Machine Shop staff by delegating and directing as necessary.
* To monitor and review any Machine Shop staff performance.
* Interpret drawings, planning and process sheets to carry out all machining operations.
* Carry out the programming , setting and operation of a group of lathes and milling machines (CNC and manual).
* Use the measuring instruments necessary for the production of workpieces to established standards.
* Achieve the dimensional accuracy and surface finish required.
* Recognise basic machining defects and apply remedies and take any required preventative action.
* Report any deficiencies to the MD and ensure the wok area is kept clean and organised.
* Ensure that all health and safety rules and regulations are fully complied with in the Machine Shop.
* Experience of operating HAAS CNC milling machines and lathes. Previous experience with HAAS programming would be advantageous.
* Experience of writing own programs and planning how own jobs are carried out is essential.
* Knowledge of One CNC Cad/Cam software would beneficial although not essential.
* Experience of working to close tolerances.
* Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
* Awareness of health and safety regulations.
If interested in this exciting opportunity. Please send CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND