Skills: Marine Engineering
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Raeburn are assisting our client, a leading maritime organisation, with an exciting opportunity for a Safety Officer. This is a permanent position based in Aberdeen.
You will work within the Ship Management Team reporting directly to the QHSE Manager. Overseeing all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental related matters. Your duties will include:
- Development of the companys management and quality assurance systems and risk management prevention programs
- Acting as Company Security Officer responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the ISPS Code on board the vessels
- QHSE representative on board during vessel inspections and surveys
- Fulfilling the role of DPA responsible for the implementation of the ISM Code onboard assigned vessels
- Providing cover for the QHSE Manager within the Emergency Response Team
- Member of the Accident Investigation Team
- Complying with applicable Environmental, Health and Safety rules, procedures, laws and accepted safe work practices
To be considered for the Safety Officer opportunity, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Higher vocational education, preferably in occupational safety
- Excellent knowledge of Safety and Quality Management Systems
- Previous experience in the marine industry preferred
- Ability to work well within a team and work to deadlines
- Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy on computer systems
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.