Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Celle, Lower Saxony, Germany
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Controls Lead Package Engineer (LPE) is responsible for the Engineering on the Controls Package level. The LPE is the technical lead responsible for the successful delivery of all technical content, providing technical definitions and direction to each Product Engineering group. The LPE works closely with a controls project manager to ensure that technical content is completed on time and on budget. The LPE is the main interface to the Project Engineering Team, Customer, and to other Contractors for the control system work scope.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Technical lead engineer for the Controls Package as part of the Subsea Production System.
- Perform engineering tasks on Controls Package level in accordance to Customer specifications within budget and schedule from quotations to commissioning.
- Review & understand Customer specification(s).
- Discuss and agree on technical solutions.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, support, and input to Product Engineering (coordination and monitoring of Product Engineering efforts during project execution).
- Interface with Internal Project Team and other Internal Package Teams.
- Interface with Customer and other Contractors (Achieve Customer approval for technical solutions).
- Identify and highlight technical changes, variations and missing items (change management).
- Ensure all company procedures as well as international codes and standards applicable for the controls system are met.
- Responsible for package level documentation and testing.
- Support quotations with regard to system layout proposal and cost and schedule requirements; coordination and review of Controls Package Engineering input.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or similar).
- Minimum two years' experience in leading complex technical projects.
- Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to engineering work.
- Persuasive communication and strong leadership skills.
- Fluency in English language.
- Drive for results and team motivation.
- Experience in working with international teams.
- Willing to do business travel (up to several weeks with an average estimate of 10-20 days per year), and in some special circumstances travel for short term assignment as projects may require.
- Cooperation with internal and external partners.
- Experience in application of quality tools (Design Review, Failure Modes Effects Analysis).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and committed to the job.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and prioritize individual work.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.