The Systems Engineer will work in new product development in the gathering, preparation, writing and management of the customer and internal requirements as part of a larger team. The Systems Engineer is expected to clearly articulate requirements and customer scenarios, working cross functionally on multiple projects.
The Systems Engineer will focus on the product development solution from a wing-to-wing development aspect, throughout the entire development phase of idea inception through product obsolescence.Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Systems Engineer, you will:
- Guide all phases of system development and support for new product ideas.
- Collaborate across hardware, software and firmware in the development of functional and system level requirements.
- Reduce risk and promote sustainability by utilizing and driving standardization.
- Guide all phases of system development and support for new product ideas. Lead teams beginning with the initial concept, through design and development, technical strategy, system architecture definition, requirements analysis, and trade-off studies
- Ensure timely preparation, development and delivery of product design documents and written requirements for product team execution
- Clear and enthusiastic communicator to customers, users, and project teams to define, analyze, and meets project goals.
- Proactively administer the usage and principles of use of our requirements management tool, driving consistency and influencing functionality improvements with the solution provider (Jama)
- Work towards a high-level vision, but understand the importance of details
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and define reasonable trade space from which the team can operate
- Proactively determine use case scenarios and requirements, define your own tasks, and execute with little oversight
- Apply systems thinking to software, hardware, processes, people, and organizations
- Be familiar with a requirements management tool similar to Jama
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Physics) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing new products
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a systems engineer and/or a technical systems analyst
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Experience working with development teams using both the traditional waterfall process and the agile method
- Experience working on geographically and culturally diverse teams in a matrix environment
- Experience designing for an industrial environment
- Strong judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Passion for current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
- Experience with defining, articulating, and integrating the role of systems engineering within an organization
- High energy, results driven team-player with strong interpersonal skills and a quality mind-set
- Expertise and knowledge of test driven development concepts
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex ideas to various audiences
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive process improvements
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fast learner with energy and enthusiasm
- Green Belt certified and DFSS trained
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more