The Piping Lead Engineer will be an integral part of the MCS Manifold team that is technical responsible for defining and delivering subsea manifold systems to the FEED studies, NPI programs, tenders and projects start up. The projects may vary in scope from studies to start up EPC projects.Essential Responsibilities:
- The piping group have the responsibility for conceptual engineering design activities for piping in subsea structures, spools, jumper and pipeline related products, covering all aspects of design basis, analysis, specifications, MTO and other relevant documentation. Conceptual engineering will define and document what features a product should have and ensure the quality and performance of the product is in line with customer needs and requirements.
- Carry out any task from defining piping systems on feed, tender and projects into carrying out verification analysis, writing procedures, MTO input and design basis.
- Shall execute and facilitate the design and analysis for assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Shall take the lead responsibility for the piping system for the assigned project, program or feed
- Shall report progress into tollgates for programs, or into projects (Feeds, studies etc.), in addition to technical input to personnel supporting the assigned project.
- Will participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical reviews.
- Has the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
- Shall be able to initiate and drive piping related NPI program in order to meet future customer needs.
- Has the ability to understand piping functional requirement as a part of the entire subsea development
- Shall be responsible for proper handover of piping concepts into requisition engineering according to agreed guidelines.
- Bsc or MSc in Mechanical, Marine or Civil engineering
- Significant years of experience with piping engineering.
- Have proven expertise as piping lead/engineer covering piping for a subsea system.
- Have knowledge to rules and regulations within the Oil & Gas industry (ISO, ASME B31.3, B31.8, DnV OS F101, DnV RP F112, API)
- Be a proficient user of Triflex and/or Ansys.
- Proven technical leadership and team work experience.
- English fluent verbal and written.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Structured/good organizational skills
- Experienced in standard office tools like word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Strong technical attitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
- Strong analytical skills combined with excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly Proactive and results oriented
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with Teamcenter/IPEM
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more