Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
ASA Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Workshop Supervisor with a Fabrication/Welding background for their client just south of Aberdeen.
* Overall responsibility for all aspects of the safety, efficiency, cost effectiveness and equipment maintenance of the manufacturing workshop.
* Effective management of resources, including workforce planning to ensure customer needs are met.
* Managing the workforce and undertake workforce planning to ensure that projects/products are completed on time, to required quality standards within the budget.
* Work closely with the Project Team and Charge Hands to ensure that effective planning of jobs are achieved.
* Oversee and monitor progress on all work within the workshop.
* Prepare and undertake regular Tool Box Talks.
* Allocate material and manpower to meet changing priorities as required.
* Assist and provide support to the quotation/bids/tendering process.
* Ensure all fabrication operations are carried out in accordance with company operating procedures.
* Ensure all manufacturing is complete to the correct revision of drawing.
* Oversee and plan all material movement within the workshop/yard.
* Report on all plant breakdown and arrange repair.
* Ensure all workshop paperwork is completed and then forwarded to QA for MRB production.
* Ensure safe working practices are followed at all times.
* Undertake risk assessments working closely with HSEQ.
* Arrange all overtime/nightshift working requirements.
* Collect timesheets from workshop and approve.
* Ensure all appraisals are undertaken for all workshop based staff including the completion of relevant documentation.
* Working with Charge Hands identify and co-ordinate training for workshop staff.
* Adhere to health and safety policy.
* Responsible for ensuring any visitors to the workshop adhere to company health and safety policy.
* Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
* Time served Fabricator/Welder.
* Proven supervisory experience.
* Leadership skills.
* Ability to understand fully detailed engineering drawings.
* Ability to manage and develop people.
* Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders and clients.
* Acts professionally and with integrity at all times.
* Ability to plan, organise, monitor and control all aspects of a project and deliver agreed outcomes effectively.
* High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to handle difficulties, performance, problems and conflict.
If interested in this excellent opportunity. Please send CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND