Skills: ROV Ops / Tech
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Underwater Services Team provides Offshore and Onshore consultative resources and technical expertise where required to plan and execute underwater Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair (IMR) and project work in areas of diving, Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) and Diving Support Vessel (DSV).
The Underwater Services Engineer is responsible for providing support in SMEP for the Planning and Execution of all underwater IMR and intervention operations for offshore facilities. The team manages the Underwater IMR contract to ensure that the contractual terms and conditions are fully adhered to and that the contractor fully meets its contractual obligations, executing the work safely and efficiently.
- Participate in subsea systems Operations Readiness start-up audits.
- Promotes and drives improvements in diving practices and use of the latest technology of innovated ROV tooling to improve the Underwater Inspection (UWI) processes.
- Support in the open-water planning and for all rig-based operations, remedial or development.
- Support in the planning and implementation of underwater inspections.
- Ensure the Interface and bridging and emergency documents and plans are prepared, reviewed and approved.
- Support and contribute to the Integrated Barges/Workboat and Rigs sequence plan builds for BP and Work, Program and Budget (WP&B).
- Support in the planning and implementation of the underwater Inspection, Maintenance & Repair (IMR) campaigns.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient management of Diving and ROV resources to execute underwater IMR campaign.
- Ensure the Diving/ROV preparedness and be ready to be called upon to provide support during emergencies.
- Support in the management of an Underwater Inspection & Maintenance Services contract.
- Ensure that the relevant contractor HSEMS, Mobilization plan, Vessel and Equipment Audits and personnel qualification Matrix have been completed and closed out prior to the commencement of the work.
- Ensure that any pre-mobilization audit or inspection findings are satisfactorily closed-out for relevant locations.
- Manage interfaces with all the various stakeholders.
Monitor, Assure, Improve
- Ensure intervention preparedness and be ready to be called upon to provide support during emergencies.
- Assure good relationship and manage the interface with authorities and external stakeholders (e.g. MPM, PCSB-SBO, MOC, COP, Contractors, etc).
- Support in the monitoring and analysis of underwater IMR and Vendor Development Program (VDP) contracts performance and to identify improvement areas.
- Participate in Conflict Management Plan (CMP) and Business performance reviews as/when required.
- Ensure compliance with global and where applicable regional standards.
- Review and formally accept or reject work packs and procedures. During the execution of work ensure that the appropriate specifications, the Operational Procedure, Risk Assessments, and change-control procedures are complied with.
People & Capabilities
- Implement training to address key skills gaps.
- Demonstrate HSSE Leadership, deliver HSE Goal Zero and Production/Injection Target associated with subsea production & injection system.
- Co-ordinate the HEMP and Hazard Analysis prior to and during the performance of the contract.
- Understand and support in the administration of SMEP incident investigation and reporting procedures and ensure appropriate notification is made for all safety incidents and/or near misses, first formal notification occurring within 24 hours of the event. Support in the close-out with contractor personnel.
- Promote and actively support contractor HS&E initiatives.
- Cost transparency and strategic cost leadership by quality assurance of subsea engineering activities and benchmarking.
- Optimize resources to minimize exposure with respect to cost.
- On-time, on-budget execution of the underwater activities.
- Delivery of HSSE & contract performance and targets.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in the same field
- 5 years in Underwater activities which include manned diving and Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) is a key advantage.
- Degree or Master in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferably possess experience mobilizing Diving Support Vessels OR Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Intervention Vessel for IMR or Intervention Campaigns
- Experienced in simultaneous operations involving production, drilling/ well maintenance, and construction
- Preferably highly computer literate in using standard document software like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and also have good knowledge with the use of Microsoft Project for scheduling needs.
- Have working experience on project management related to Oil & Gas Diving operations, including ROV & Air/Saturation diving.
- Have experience with subsea hardware installation and intervention utilizing ROV equipment.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video