Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Health, Safety and Fire Consultant
Location: Home based with travel to client sites
Salary: Flexible dependent on experience, plus car/ car allowance and excellent benefits package
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Looking for a new challenge? We are looking for a Health, Safety & Fire Consultant to join our team of industry experts, providing technical guidance and specialist expertise for some of the world's best known brands on behalf of Bureau Veritas.
As a Health, Safety & Fire Consultant for Bureau Veritas, you will be responsible for the management, delivery and profitability of all health, safety and fire requirements across a portfolio of large, high-profile corporate organisations
Operating with a high degree of autonomy, this is your opportunity to show your expertise and deliver consultancy services that will help to ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
TECHNICAL ABILITY, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
You will be required to deliver high quality health and safety consultancy services to clients including:
- Health and safety services, including audit and inspections, development and review of health and safety management systems, and delivery of training
- Fire risk assessments and reviews
- Prepare comprehensive reports including observations, recommendations and interpretation of laboratory analysis.
- Arrange and carry out all work to meet with agreed Company & client timescales.
- Be responsible for managing small contracts/projects within division as directed by the area manager
- Liaise with project managers and account managers in relation to work under their control
- Present and discuss reports with the client as necessary
- Working closely with the centralised planning team to ensure work is being effectively scheduled and carried out
- To contribute to responses to requests for client work and proposals
- Acting as a technical specialist within the client organisation
- Keeping abreast of current legislation to ensure standards and compliance
- Compliance with the Bureau Veritas UK Health & Safety policy and procedures
TECHNICAL ABILITY, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Candidate requirements include:
- Qualified to or GradIOSH or CMIOSH level
- Member of one of the following bodies (IFE, NAFRA, BAFE SP 205 approved validators or Warrington FRA Accreditation)
- Proven experience within the industry
- Experienced in the organisation and planning of personal work load
- Experienced in fulfilling role of day to day site contact for the business and its clients
- A good background knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Personal attributes required:
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
- A flexible approach to working with a willingness to travel
- Comfortable operating independently on behalf of Bureau Veritas within an external environment
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.