Skills: Operations Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sydney, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
About the opportunity
It's an exciting period of growth and opportunity at BP, as we continue to lead the evolution of convenience in Australia. Surprising and delighting our customers, both loyal and new, motivates us to keep testing the boundaries, introducing new offers to market and innovative technology such as our BPMe app & newly announced food partnership with David Jones. We're ready to take it to the next level and we hope you'll be the game changer to lead the way!
Reporting to the State Manager NSW, the Business Manager is accountable for the delivery of safety, financial and operational performance targets across a network of 15 stores, leading a team of site staff and providing leadership across the region. The role is accountable for establishing a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement, coaching teams for success and developing staff for business succession planning.
Key deliverables of the role include:
- Drive safe and reliable operations across your territory
- Lead the performance of the business by identifying opportunities, threats and points of difference at store, area and regional level
- Deliver strong commercial outcomes by driving high performance teams and creating initiatives that win in your market
- Lead, motivate and energise the team, consciously driving and embedding our customer focused culture throughout the business
- Act as a retailing leader in your region.
To be successful in this role you will bring significant experience leading a multi-site Retail business. You will be highly commercial with the leadership qualities to influence and drive change. Most importantly, you'll be truly passionate about customer and employee experience. Other important requirements of the Business Manager role include:
- Clear evidence of understanding of Health and Safety practices and an ability to drive a safety culture
- Demonstrable experience developing tactics to drive business results, including financial outcomes
- Ability to communicate in a way that engenders consensus, gains commitment, inspires and motivates others
- Ability to coach, lead, develop and motivate a team to deliver outstanding performance
- Capability to lead multiple projects in a fast and changing environment
- Collaborative and relationship driven with a positive, tenacious and resilient approach.
About the benefits
BP offers you a collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes our values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We have a commitment to developing your career and reward our people with a competitive salary package and market-leading benefits. In this role you'll have a fully maintained company car and the tools of the trade to be mobile across your territory. BP employees also enjoy an annual cash bonus (based on individual and company performance), 12% superannuation, 18 weeks maternity pay and company share scheme - there are so many great reasons to join BP!
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting inclusion and diversity in our workforce. BP Australia encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Flexible working is encouraged at BP, so let us know how we can support you to maximise your work and home life. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.