Baker Hughes has an opening for a Mechanical Assembler for 2nd Shift supporting Completions and Wellbore Intervention at our Emmott Road facility in Houston, TX. Our Emmott Rd facility is looking for a mechanically oriented candidate to perform all of high-pressure test on critical tools assembled in this facility. The role will report to the Assembly and Test supervisor and be responsible to support delivery and quality commitments.Essential Responsibilities:
- Assembles components per assembly drawings / bill of material.
- Performs functional testing on assemblies.
- Tests assemblies per customer and/or division criteria.
- Operates test equipment in compliance with engineering standards.
- Applies settings, calibrates and maintains assembly tools.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Good mechanical background.
- Ability to operate computer based equipment and interpret test charts
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems and pressure
- Require ability to operate forklifts and other material moving equipment.
- Knowledge of machines, hand tools and power tools needed for assembly.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and instruction.
- Work Shift is Monday through Friday from 1:50pm to 9:50pm and overtime as needed. There is a shift differential offered for 2nd shift.
- Must be authorized to work in the authorized in the US without sponsorship.
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics and operating high-pressure test equipment
- Read and interpret Engineering test procedures and instructions
- Previous experience in assembly and testing Completions tools.
- Previous forklift certification
: Houston, Texas
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more