Baker Hughes has an opening for a Mechanical Assembler for 2nd Shift supporting Completions and Wellbore Intervention at our Emmott Road facility in Houston, TX. Our Emmott Rd facility is looking for a mechanically oriented candidate to perform all of high-pressure test on critical tools assembled in this facility. The role will report to the Assembly and Test supervisor and be responsible to support delivery and quality commitments.Essential Responsibilities:
- Assembles components per assembly drawings / bill of material.
- Performs functional testing on assemblies.
- Tests assemblies per customer and/or division criteria.
- Operates test equipment in compliance with engineering standards.
- Applies settings, calibrates and maintains assembly tools.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Good mechanical background.
- Ability to operate computer based equipment and interpret test charts
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems and pressure
- Require ability to operate forklifts and other material moving equipment.
- Knowledge of machines, hand tools and power tools needed for assembly.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and instruction.
- Work Shift is Monday through Friday from 1:50pm to 9:50pm and overtime as needed. There is a shift differential offered for 2nd shift.
- Must be authorized to work in the authorized in the US without sponsorship.
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics and operating high-pressure test equipment
- Read and interpret Engineering test procedures and instructions
- Previous experience in assembly and testing Completions tools.
- Previous forklift certification
9100 Emmott Rd Houston, Texas 77040
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.