Job Description Purpose & Accountabilities:
The purpose of this position is to provide workflow consultancy focused on productivity improvements and technology uptake in the Production Geoscience community, which in the Americas spans New Business Development, Growth, Deepwater, Unconventionals, and Integrated Gas. Subsurface Workflow Consultants play a lead role in helping the businesses realize Shell's digitalization strategy, developing and implementing new, multi-discipline workflows which reduce cycle time, increase efficiency and improve outcomes.
The Production Geoscience focused applications are utilized by Geologists, Geophysicists, Petrophysicists, Data Managers and Reservoir Engineers, including some 300 subsurface professionals in the Americas. The portfolio of software supported includes both Shell proprietary and industry-standard applications. (e.g. PetroSigns Earth, Fusion and Petrel) as well as supported workflows using interfaces with PetroSigns Flow, Techlog, GeoSigns NDI, ArcGIS and OpenWorks.
- Provide excellent workflow support for PetroSigns Earth, Petrel and other geologic applications, associated data and databases, interfaces and infrastructure to support the development and implementation of new and improved workflows.
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the production geoscience software applications, Including Shell's new geologic modeling software, PetroSigns Earth, and Petrel. Facilitate the deployment of production geoscience application releases, undertake quality assurance and testing activities on new and changed applications and maintain effective communications with the user community for the dissemination of pertinent information relating to workflows and associated applications.
- Work closely with the discipline leadership to understand challenges and to provide proactive support and consultancy to drive the uptake of new workflows in our technical work processes.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements Skills & Requirements:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelors' degree in Geology, Geophysicists or similar field, Masters' degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' professional experience in Geoscience focused on reservoir modelling in Oil and Gas industries.
- Expert-level skills in 3D geologic modelling applications such as Petrel, JewellSuite, GoCAD, Roxar, or similar software.
- Excellent customer support and communications skills are required to implement new improved workflows while ensuring a continued high level of user satisfaction.
- Must be a self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced energetic environment.
- Growth: Seek out information about business direction, curious about developments and embrace change.
- Authenticity: Act with personal integrity and transparency, curious and eager to learn and express own view with humility and resilient under pressure.
- Collaboration: Establish strong working relationships with individual stakeholders, understand customer needs and perspectives and build trust beyond the team.
- Performance: Work for the good of the team, take personal accountability to ensure timely training and support, and work on continuous improvement.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.