Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Wireline Field Operator - Olney, IL
Applicants will be responsible for safely performing Wireline related duties at the well site and in the shop, while ensuring compliance with all regulations applicable to Wireline operations.Essential Responsibilities:
- Preparing for jobs and performing tool maintenance, pre-job and post- job tool checkout.
- Rigging-up and rigging-down equipment at the well site.
- Service mechanical devices and building logging cable heads
- Perforating cable heads and maintenance on the tools
- Maintaining well site/DOT records and communications as required by District Manager
- Completing job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew
- Promoting and maintaining good customer relations
- Receiving instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on well site activity
- Performing basic duties at the well site and at the shop
- Driving company vehicles in a safe manner while observing Company and government regulations
- Participating in quality improvement efforts for ballistics operations
- May supervise and train other Field Operators while maintaining a high level of safety awareness at the well site
- Performing other related duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Class A/B CDL (with Hazmat and airbrakes) license preferred (must be able to pass CDL license within 90 days of start)
- High level mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work and communicate well with customers and employees
- Ability to utilized computers for communication, reporting and other work-related purposes
- Must be able to pass appropriate background and drug screenings
- HazMat endorsement is highly preferred
- Career-minded individuals with a strong work ethic are preferred.
- Previous experience as a Wireline Field Operator or hazmat
- Must have the ability to work on-call 24x7 and flexibility to work at well sites for extended periods of time
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to pass a Federal background check
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions
- Must be safety and environmentally minded
- May require relocation
- Carrying out all required responsibilities according to Company policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with all Federal, Country, State, Local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations.
(must live within an hour of the operating location)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more