Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of BHGE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. EMPLOYMENT STATUS
Full Time RegularABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Wireline Field Operator
in Bonnyville, AB. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Under general supervision is fully competent in all aspects of operator duties at the well site and at the shop, can maintain the unit and perform all pre-job duties, well-site operations and post-job duties, as well as training of junior operators.
- Knowledgeable in open hole and cased hole wireline competencies
- Must have pressure control equipment competencies
- Is assigned a unit with all of the responsibilities to maintain it in the highest state of readiness.
- Ability to cover areas throughout Canada and possibly the US
- Maintains records and communications as required by District Manager.
- Responsible for proper job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance of all Federal, Country, State, Local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives and nuclear operations.
- Drives company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations and arrive at well site or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- Participates actively in quality improvement efforts with respect to ballistics operations.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Carries out all required responsibilities safely as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Ability to work a 15 days on/6 days off rotation with 12 hour shifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Class 1 or 2 driver license
- 3-5 years of directly related wireline experience
- Industry experience and product line training required.
- Expert knowledge of oil and gas industry and product line.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- 2 year technical degree
- 5+ years of directly related wireline experience
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more