Working in NAM-OneGas offers a dynamic environment with wide variety of facilities, varying demands on people, technology and logistics.
A special challenge is posed by the fields that's near the late-field-life status, where competitive performance is a key factor to drive economic ultimate recovery, while at same time robustly positioning NAM and NAM assets in the ongoing energy transition.
The wide variety in equipment makes/models requires a flexible and well-balanced approach in identifying and implementing solutions while seeking for consistent application of standards and standardization.
The asset portfolio comprises the full range of lifecycle stages, from exploration activities, greenfield and brownfield projects, operate and maintain wells and facilities to produce some 150 kboe/d, a small NOV portfolio as well as abandonment activities.
The operated asset geographically covers the Southern North Sea (all offshore NL and SNS UK), with a number of pipeline systems either connecting to the Bacton gas plant in the UK or the Den Helder gas plant in the NL.
Innovation, out of the box thinking, new technologies are keywords required to maximize efficiency of our late life fields and installed equipment.
This position is for a Rotating Equipment Engineer who will provide technical assurance for installed rotating equipment and specialist support within a multi-discipline asset engineering and maintenance team for UPO/NL OneGas East, based in Assen (NL).
Continued fulfillment of this position is critical to securing Asset OneGas East's ability to maintain high availability and reliability of rotating equipment required to ensure safe operation and high production levels in a cost-efficient and cost-effective manner.
Emphasis will be on the development and upkeep of rotating equipment life cycle management plans, maintenance and integrity management strategies and plans, equipment improvement initiatives and equipment operating window reviews for changing field conditions.
Knowledge/experience of RCM assessments, reliability/availability analysis and root cause analysis processes will be a pre for this position.What will you do?
In this role your key accountabilities will be:
- Supporting the asset's medium- to long-term plans by identifying and initiating life-cycle management plans for allocated rotating equipment.
- Monitoring and assuring technical integrity and reliability (production availability) of allocated rotating equipment, including possible troubleshooting and resolving related technical integrity and reliability issues.
- Supporting the asset with specific technical experience/ knowledge for rotating equipment related projects.
- Provision of technical expertise and support with regards to rotating equipment and allocated engineering deliverables, in accordance with applicable legislation, codes, standards, and assurance frameworks.
At times, you will also be required to support the dedicated front line rotating equipment engineer with asset's daily operation, troubleshooting and maintenance for allocated rotating equipment in liaison with operations, work preparation and vendors.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements What do we need from you?
- We are looking for candidates with a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering discipline or equivalent; supplemented with relevant job experience and further learning.
- You will have relevant and demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience with rotating equipment engineering and systems integrity in the petrochemical or oil and gas industry, as well as hands-on experience with design, operation, commissioning, start-up, maintenance and condition monitoring of rotating equipment and associated mechanical equipment.
- Besides this you have a good understanding of technologies and practices as they relate to oil and gas production facilities, supplemented by experience of working offshore.
- It's a plus if you have a working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, preferably SAP.
- Applicants should already have a detailed knowledge of relevant legislation, Shell standards and industry standards within their discipline and quickly be capable of finding, understanding and applying the relevant discipline standards within The Netherlands.
- A high degree of personal independence and good verbal / written communication skills in English language are essential to the role.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.