Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83121
Kiewit Foundations Co. is a full-service geotechnical foundation contractor operating across North America. Our experience and expertise cover a wide range of specialty foundation construction for both structural and ground improvement solutions. We operate in the transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, industrial, and oil, gas, and chemical markets. As part of Kiewit we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides wholistic solutions to the industry that are unmatched.
Our rapidly growing foundations business, which includes drilled shafts, micro pile, driven pile, augercast-in-place pile, full displacement pile, soil mixing, support of excavation, anchors, tie-backs, stone columns, and other geotechnical solutions is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit focused on delivering differentiated solutions.
We are an innovative team that works on both Kiewit projects and with other general contractors across all our markets. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit's engineering group comprised of more than 60 geotechnical engineers as well as premier external geotechnical engineering firms to deliver safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we're supporting Kiewit or other general contractors to bore tunnels through mountains, turn rivers into energy, build bridges that connect communities, or develop facilities that power and fuel our world, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from below ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else.
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit's culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you're ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Foundations Co. has its headquarters in Omaha, NE and operates across North America via regional locations in Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, Chicago, IL, and Lenexa, KS. This position is will be assigned to Omaha, NE and will focus on projects across North America. We require our employees to be open to relocation or temporary job assignments throughout this region.
As a Project Engineer, you will play a significant part in the success of Kiewit Foundations Co. by planning, organizing and implementing project engineering & project controls tasks. Excellent communication, attention to detail and an ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing project engineering & project controls tasks as required for successful project execution. This includes:
o Safe work planning and execution
o Quality control
o Quantity tracking
o Budget management
o Financial reporting and forecasting
o Cash flow management
o Operations work planning
o Contract / subcontract administration
o Change management
o Document control
o Project closeout
• Provide supervision and on-the-job training for lower level engineers.
• Develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
• Assist the project team in implementing Kiewit's Quality Management system.
• Inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Inspect subordinates' work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for executing projects.
• 5+ years of related experience in project or field engineering
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction-related technology in any discipline from a four-year college or university
• Must have working knowledge and be able to direct the operation of construction management reporting systems
• Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, client representatives, staff and craft while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Proven abilities and skills in leadership and management of people, planning, organization and delegation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Proof of eligibility to legally work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
• Travel in the U.S. as required, including extended relocation to project areas.
• Basic all-around knowledge of geotechnical engineering, ground improvement techniques, structural deep foundation methods, and support of excavation (SOE) operations.
o Ground Improvement experience includes rigid inclusions, soil mixing, vibro-replacement (stone columns), vibro-compaction, compaction grouting, permeation grouting, jet grouting, and deep dynamic compaction
o Structural deep foundation experience includes micro-piles, drilled shafts, auger-cast-in-place piles, driven piles
o Support of excavation experience includes secant pile, anchors, and tie-backs
• Recent knowledge of Bluebeam and Adobe/PDF software preferred
• Open to relocation
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Quality Manager, Geology, Engineering, Quality