We are recruiting a Technical Assistant on a permanent staff basis to join our client in Aberdeen.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Create certificates for customer requirements and relevant industry standards.
- Produce job packs from the workshop.
- Produce delivery notes and commercial invoices.
- Type up hose lists.
- Liaise with workshop on punch list items.
- Arranging 3rd party inspectors.
- Managing spares orders.
- Project document creation.
- Organising transportation for equipment.
- Filing all drawings produced into the correct registers.
- Manufacturers record book creation.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Group Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015).
- Manage incoming and outgoing documentation with internal and external personnel.
- Ensuring accuracy of all documentation attributes (numbering, title, header & footer consistency and approval level).
- Ensure that all document control review tasks are closed out and that only the current revision of each document is available to the end user for use.
- Assist colleagues in the retrieval of documentation and how to search effectively.
- Format existing documents.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, competence, skills and knowledge.
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- Awareness of the different types of technical documents such as P&IDs and operating procedures and their purpose.
- Knowledge of the ATEX Directive would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage own workload effectively in order to meet deadlines as is necessary.
- Excellent computer skills - Specifically Adobe Acrobat, MS Excel and Word.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external contacts in a professional manner. Works effectively within a team or other work group as appropriate.
- Gathers information to understand problems and issues, making recommendations and/or taking action as appropriate.
- Understands the need for change, demonstrates flexibility and is willing to try new approaches.