Offers the opportunity as an experienced Day Drilling Supervisor
to join the team in Barmer, India.Essential Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the total implementation of approved programs and operations on the rig.
- Ensure well programs are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Communicate job expectations to all team members at the wellsite and ensure that all parties involved in the execution of the program at the wellsite fully understand the well program
- Organize a rig site pre-spud meeting at the beginning of each drilling or completion phase with each drilling or completion crew and third party service providers
- Organize and perform Job Safety Analysis (JSA) at every crew change and prior to start any unconventional operation
- Coordinate the operational and technical functions of all the Baker Hughes product lines (and third party where applicable) at the wellsite
- Communicate daily with:
- Well Construction lead to discuss present operations and prepare reports as required
- Wellsite personnel on operational, technical, and logistical issues
- Logistics to ensure Baker Hughes and third party equipment is dispatched on time
- Personnel in morning rig call, reporting cost and daily activities
- Track, monitor and report the Daily Time Break Down activity, highlighting any non-productive time (NPT) and properly define and allocate any occurrence of NPT
- Prepare "Five Day Forecast" with upcoming hole section equipment and personnel requirements
- Anticipate and pre-empt well-site problems and generate applicable contingency plans
- Utilize the Integrated Operations Quality Management Systems ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to throughout the project cycle
- Participate in After action Review (AAR) after action reviews for all drilling and completion operations
- Assist in the planning of upcoming wells to capture lessons learned
- Monitor well costs and equipment inventory
- Modify drilling parameters to suit geological conditions and advise Drilling Superintendent accordingly.
- Prepare all reports submitted to headquarters.
- Inspect the worksite and equipment to ensure activities are carried out safely and efficiently.
- Check and verify that all services rendered by third party CONTRACTORS are accurately recorded on job tickets and all charges are in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Responsible for the safety and discipline on the rig.
- Implement HSE policies as applied to the wellsite facility including Baker Hughes, Client, and sub-contractor personnel inclusive of documenting and testing with simulation exercises to ensure the drilling team is capable of responding to HS&E emergencies
- Ensure BHGE operations are executed in compliance with our Culture Pillars
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (preferred) from an accredited university (or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of all Baker Hughes product lines, technologies, and services
- IWCF Surface Stack Supervisor Level Well Control Certification
- 15 years as Onshore Wellsite Supervisor predominantly for Oil and Gas operators with Experience in heavy oil reservoir, SIMOPS (Simultaneous Operations) with fracturing, rig less well testing, facilities, high mobile land rigs and pad drilling
- Extensive knowledge of well control best practices
- Basics drilling engineering and well planning
- Drill string design and downhole dynamics
- Directional / Horizontal / Extended Reach Drilling
- Pore Pressure/Fracture Pressure determination
- Thorough understanding of Rig Systems and Rig Floor Operations
- Rig-site acumen and supervisory skills