Offers the opportunity as an experienced Night Drilling Supervisor
to join the team in Barmer, India.Essential Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform drilling engineering activities at field level and provide engineering support to field level operations
- Cost / Risk analysis and AFE preparation for drilling operations
- Preparation of engineering design and operational plans for drilling of wells in area of responsibility including well planning, casing design, material and equipment selection, log evaluation, quality assurance and post-job evaluation
- Monitor and apply current best practices and technological advancements to all operations
- Participate in peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to drilling engineering
- Participate in team meetings and strategy discussions
- Monitor daily progress of job(s) or project(s)
- Ensure that actual well costs and other pre-defined KPIs are monitored and benchmarked against offset data and pre-defined well objectives
- Conduct post well evaluations of drilling practices and effectiveness
- Communicate effectively with well site/project Drilling Engineers on a daily and as needed basis, and make recommendations to engineers to optimize drilling performance
- Comply with BHGE HSE policies and guidelines as per IO Management System. Contribute to improved HSE standards by setting example by safe work practices
- Participate in implementation of QA procedures as per IO Management System and contractual requirements
- Conduct business according to our Code of Conduct and Core Values
- Well site engineering support may be required at times
- Participate in tender bid preparation process as needed for drilling & well engineering input. This might include travel to other office locations
- Participate in and conduct customer presentations & meetings, as needed, including travel to other office locations
- Handle special projects, as assigned.
- Keep abreast of technological and engineering process advancements through affiliation with professional societies and participation in networks, workshops, seminars and training courses.
- Bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering or other petroleum industry related 4 year degree
- IWCF Surface Stack Supervisor Level Well Control Certification
- 5+ years' experience in drilling engineering activities, Experience in pad drilling, fast moving rigs would be an asset
- Experience with wellsite drilling engineering activities
- Worked on more than 1000 HP Rigs.
- Proficient in the use of drilling and well design software (e.g. Stress Check, well planning software, etc.)
- Preparation of drilling program
- Good understanding of bit selection, BHA design, hydraulics and torque & drag, drilling fluid selection, casing running operations, cementing operations, logging operations and analysis
- Good understanding of casing design, cementing slurry and operation design.