An HPump systems Product Manager within Artificial Lift is responsible for the respective business and is designed to assure a high return on technology investment, strengthening the brand equity of the company as a technical leader and improve revenue and margin. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall success and health of their respective product & services discipline, working alongside other functional disciplines in assuring confidence on the part of our clients and operations, while continually providing product & services quality and performance. The responsibilities of this role include strategic product development and investment decisions, creation of the product go-to-market strategy, development of product marketing materials, development and maintenance of product catalogue, and support of production-related processes. Essential Responsibilities:
- Accountability for functional, business and financial performance of the HPump products.
- Collaborates with commercial & marketing teams to gather market research, voice of customer, market segments and competitor intelligence to develop.
- Provides high level of support for the product line, including applications, technical selling, key field product application, well prognosis, and/or product performance.
- In consort with Marketing, develops and deploys a strategy for both established and emerging markets based on the value proposition and how it fits in each segment.
- Delivers business growth through comprehensive life-cycle strategy that optimizes/balances New Product Introduction Advanced Technology development, Service and Productivity programs.
- Proactively identifies appropriate segmenting, targeting and positioning of product/service in competitive landscape.
- Plans and designs platform strategies for short term/long term product positioning and business impact based on market and technology dynamics.
- Defines and leads the platform strategy that allows for speed and flexibility of new product offerings, combined with operational efficiencies derived from platform strategy.
- Creates winning product/service roadmaps that optimize profitability while ensuring technology advancements are validated with customers and regulatory agencies to optimize speed to market.
- Aligns and leverages total supply base to influence product line as well as market strategy.
- Leads initiatives which combine product development and process improvement activities and ultimately result in quality and reliability improvement.
- Proactively drives end of life execution on products or services before margin results are insufficient.
- Assesses the technology of the business in a critical fashion and relates it to the needs of the customers and the competitive positions against competitors.
- Establishes and monitors the pricing and profitability targets for the portfolio.
- Plans and leads the NPI planning phase in coordination with commercial, operations and technology stakeholders.
- Delivers NPI commercial success in coordination with commercial & sales operations.
- Participate in Stage Gate product and technology development teams, including documentation as required for gate meetings.
- Assimilates and navigates the implications of any regulatory trends and the rigors with all regulations.
- Represents the organization in outside discussions and technical forums through presentations and authorship of relevant papers as necessary.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values
- Bachelor's Degree within appropriate Engineering/Science discipline or Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of cross-functional Project Leadership experience or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in sales, operations, technology or technical support
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in HPumps
- Product Line / Regional P&L exposure
- Proven customer relationship skills
- Proven Business Development skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven project management experience
- Travel required (>25%)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Master's degree in Engineering or equivalent (defined as 12+ years progressive experience within engineering, product management, operations, or related field, including 8 years project leadership experience within operations, sales, technology or technical support)
- Proven experience in developing product strategies and successful program execution
- Demonstrated experience driving variable cost productivity (VCP) and Inventory management to enable optimized product margins
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
- Demonstrated LEAN skills
- Familiarity with ISO, API and other regulatory standards
- Established internal network in sales, operations & support functions
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more