Skills: HR - General, PR / Corporate Communications
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83086
Project Employee Relations Specialist
The Position is for a jobsite/field location for the Calcasieu Pass LNG project in Cameron LA. The position may transition in the future to other Kiewit projects. This individual will also work closely with our safety, security, and business teams and have a passion for service in meeting the HR needs of this mega-project.
The project HR team focuses on enhancing the employee experience and developing "best in class" people practices project wide. The project HR team has established a strategy and operating model that understands and responds to employee needs and concerns; as well deliver exceptional employee experience. This includes partnership with the business, safety, function, and HR leaders on an in-depth review of feedback, culture & conduct, employee experience aspects of regulatory-related deliverables. Overall, this organization will span the traditional HR lifecycle, employee engagement and broader listening strategy.
• Overall responsibility for all Employee Relations activities on the project.
• Successfully complete EEO Officer training
• Ensure compliance with all Employment Poster requirements including working with Poster Guard to order and maintain current posters.
• Working closely with operations to ensure workplace has designated and functioning Mother's Rooms.
• Oversee and manage the project Leave Processes for all Staff and Craft employees.
• Develop and conduct EEO training for all staff and craft supervisors.
• Oversee 16-Step program and ensure compliance.
• Lead HR efforts responding to EEO, workplace, and hotline reports including investigations, documentation, recommendations, and resolution.
• Lead HR efforts regarding Accommodations.
• Work as member of HR Team performing HR duties not specifically listed but required to provide world-class HR services to project team. These may include craft onboarding and separation, intern program, org chart administration and management, reporting, talent acquisition, craft services, compensation, relocation, and other duties as assigned.
• Deliver a first-class experience to all stakeholders and control partners through effective collaboration and communication.
Candidate must be bilingual (English & Spanish).
• Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Work, Excel, Smartsheet, Teams, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to work in a team environment assisting others with their duties as needed.
• Actively works to train others to perform the job duties of this position allowing the cross training of HR team members.
• Ability to work self-directed with an off-site manager
• Ability to travel and work from different offices effectively and efficiently.
• Impeccable judgment and discretion.
• Excellent reporting and communication skills allowing for managers and team members to be informed of workload and ongoing activities ensuring that there are "no surprises" for other team members.
• Experienced working on a team that excels operationally and are laser focused on key stakeholder experience - employees, managers, partners.
• Coaches for success; encourages employee development and mobility.
• Actively challenges the status quo and acts as a catalyst for change by decisively adopting innovative ways of working, driving continuous improvement.
• Identifies and understands business trends to improve culture and mitigate risk.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Disciplined and drives for results; actively applies feedback from key stakeholders.
• Strong consulting/problem resolution experience with demonstrated ability to influence all employee levels from front line to senior leaders.
• Demonstrates expected risk/controls behaviors by holding self and others accountable to operate within established standards and procedures
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Consulting, Compliance, Business Manager, Engineering, Legal, Technology, Management