Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Winch Operator, under normal conditions, operates the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; "zeros" tools and monitors tension meter, cable speed, depth and spooling of cable; understands depth control and weight indicator systems; uses all winch cable safety controls.
• Prepares well for service operations, aligns logging unit, installs sheave wheel, threads cable, and connects multiple tools as required.
• Learns to select, load and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job.
• Learns to assist the Engineer in maintenance checks of tools and equipment in the Cell.
• Participates in inspecting, maintaining and repairing primary tools, service units, and associated equipment according to the RITE program.
• Learns to service, maintain, and assist in marking cables.
• Learns to build bridles and heads.
Identifies the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the district.
$25 per day meal per diem when away from home. Per diem only allowed for nights spent in the field.
10 days on duty, 5 days off duty. This job is not shift work. The hours will vary based on rig activity.
• Class B CDL (with full endorsements/HAZMAT)
• HS diploma or GED equivalen
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.