Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of this position is to perform receiving inspection activities to verify material test reports are in compliance with Engineering drawings and applicable material specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform close tolerance dimensional inspection of complex configurations using precision measuring mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Perform First Article inspection to a high degree of accuracy to prove manufacturing compliance prior to initiating the complete run of product.
- Review drawings and specifications and use measuring and test equipment to determine product acceptability.
- Document issues on NCR's (Nonconformance Reports) for all product that doesn't meet the stated requirements and coordinates with others for resolution.
- Verify incoming materials meet procurement order requirements before release to production.
- Perform in-process inspection during manufacturing and testing phases, and final inspections prior to shipping.
- Carry out inspection and test activities as required by Quality Plans, FAT(s) (Factory Acceptances Testing), customer and or stated requirements.
- Maintain inspection and test records as required.
- Analyze supplier provided inspection and test data for compliance to requirements.
- Work as a team member when performing or witnessing inspections and/or testing for internal and external customers, third parties, customer's inspectors, and engineering/manufacturing representative.
- Help develop and improve Quality System procedures, work instructions, flow charts and associated process improvements.
- Identify and maintain inspection and test status as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 plus years experience
- Quality assurance training (ANSI, ASQC, TQM).
- Related experience in dimensional and mechanical inspection and quality system in an ISO 9000 environment or equivalent combination of experience, training, and oilfield product knowledge.
- Strong computer skills and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical machine part and assembly level drawings which include all levels of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Demonstrated ability in documentation processes.
- Ability to understand relevant engineering, manufacturing and industry specifications and instructions.
- Experience with PLM systems and ERP systems a plus.
- Experience with advanced inspection devices.
- Experience with API and ASME standards.
- Knowledge of NDE/NDT and welding inspection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.