Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Mechanical Technician will perform production assembly, field repair, maintenance, and other associated functions on OES products or related systems. Your safety and the safety of the team is your primary job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform assembly, integration, and maintenance/repairs on equipment/systems in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures and in accordance with appropriate Safety Standards.
- Perform field installation, test/debug, and repair of equipment/systems.
- Responsible for applying the necessary skills to ensure safe, efficient conduct of their work.
- Mentor other mechanics and contingent workers
- Must be able to work well with a team and also be self-motivated and able to work alone.
- Participation in all safety programs offered by OES.
- Periods of overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Technical 2-yr degree preferred.
- Two years experience in mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems assembly, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair; preferably in the entertainment industry.
- Working knowledge of and ability to read component prints, assembly drawings and work instructions.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic power generation systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge in operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining those systems, sub-systems and components listed above.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9001 certified company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.