Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Role Summary:
Provide design-engineering support from bid acquisition through to project execution, supporting under direct supervision, the work of the systems design and engineering group. Interface with the project engineers, technology engineers, analysts and the principal technology leaders.Essential Responsibilities:
- Undertake calculations and analyses using a combination of in-house and general software as well as hand calculations
- Assist in the design/execution engineering interfaces
- Attend client meetings as BHGE technical representative
- Provide technical support to internal execution engineering and to external customers
- Ensure that the applicable engineering aspects of the design, quality and safety requirements are implemented in accordance with BHGE and statutory requirements
- Prepare, review and approve design documentation
- Produce engineering reports and other documents in accordance with BHGE procedures
- Interface with all departments as required, to present a comprehensive technical package
- Project Deliverables
- Departmental key performance indicators
- Project Interfaces including internal stakeholders
- Compliance and integrity
- A suitable degree in mechanical, structural, marine engineering or Naval Architecture (Other science based degrees may be considered with commensurate experience)
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and computer skills are essential
- High technical ability required
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret technical specifications, governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work on all stages of a project from bid through to execution
- Ability to operate within a multi-tasking dynamic team environment
- Aptitude to learning new design tools to broaden experience
- Clear logical thinker, demonstrating an analytical approach
- Flexible attitude and proactive approach to unpredictable demands
- Ability to perform under pressure to deadlines without compromising standards
- Honesty, integrity, respect for confidentiality
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Understanding of offshore pipeline design and installation methods
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the key performance areas stated above, ideally with at least 1 year as a Design Engineer (preferably in offshore design projects).