Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Waste Management, Civil Construction
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83079
• Communicate with and/or supervise subcontractors and self-performing crafts as assigned.
• Responsible for safety, quality, productivity and schedule adherence.
• Coordinates work and interfaces effectively with craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as project management to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
• Maintain ongoing communication with Environmental Inspectors, adjusting as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs.
• Plan, schedule and/or perform environmental construction work including ECD maintenance, spill cleanup, routine inspections as requested, and waste program implementation
• Ensures effective liaison between field engineering, environmental team and craft to maintain construction compliance with permits and other regulatory requirements.
• Resolves employee conflicts and grievances, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
• Ensures that project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards
• Ensure the safety and morale of the field crews by educating, encouraging, and providing a safe working environment
• Construct work plans, hazard analyses, and schedule for crew
• Attend daily operations and planning meetings to understand larger scope of the job and ensure collaboration with other working groups. Effectively communicate necessary information to crews and environmental team members.
• Ten or more years' experience in heavy construction environment
• Experience in environmental permits and regulations (water, waste, air)
• Experience implementing control measures and protection plans such as SWPPP ECDs, LPDES water sample collection, or other applicable environmental controls
• Ability to utilize computers; experienced with MS Office, SharePoint, Smartsheets, Mobile Apps, iPads
• Ability to communicate effectively with project craft, staff and management
• Preferred: Bachelor or Associate degree in a construction-related field of engineering, and/or equivalent heavy industrial construction experience.
• Preferred: Experience on FERC governed projects
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Law, Developer, Compliance, Engineering, Legal, Technology