Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Moscow, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This Completion and Intervention Engineer position is a key role within the BP Russia GWO Team, as we grow the Local capability within the small core Team that will sustain the BP Russia GWO Upstream business.
The successful individual will support a range of activities aimed at delivering and sustaining BP Russia business, and providing assurance on shareholding and investment. Support will include the following:
- Ensuring that GWO aspects of the BP shareholding in RN is being managed in the most efficient manner possible.
- Providing assurance to the Upstream Management Team that the NOJV business is progressing efficiently.
- Performing skilled Technical Service Work (TSW), through a Framework agreement to RN and NOJVs as required.
- Participating in technical assessments and M&A support as directed and required by the business.
- Implementing new Technologies and any cross-discipline efficiencies as opportunities arise.
- Ensure that there is a continuous emphasis on HSE and that BP Russia GWO implement and encourage the best practice wherever possible; within the framework of the NOJV itself, suggest and support HSE initiatives.
- Provide the BP Russia GWO Team with a highly skilled and experienced individual in the area of Petroleum Engineering, with a bias to well interventions and new well completions, support the BP Russia Upstream Team as required.
- Review NOJV operations in these areas and suggest and indicate areas that can be improved and where new and appropriate technologies can provide an enhanced outcome, assist the NOJV to assess and implement these suggestions.
- Identify and suggest new and enhancing technologies and technical enhancements to the NOJVs and RN as appropriate, support the implementation and perform Technical Service Work to assist with their successful deployment.
- Initiation of fit-for-purpose and pragmatic well technology programs with the NOJVs (e.g. Artificial Lift, ICD, Multi-laterals, low cost reservoir access, etc.), building on the reputation that we have earned to date.
- Provide hydraulic fracturing analysis, support and design on field-wide or well by well basis as and when required by the business, support the businesses in moving to upper quartile stimulation outcome in NWD and new exploration.
- Coach and Mentor Younger Engineers and encourage wider cross-Discipline cooperation, particularly between ResDev, Production and GWO. Work with the other PEs to build a sustainable platform for BP Russia Upstream.
- Underlying improvement in our NOJV and Exploration well new well productivity through direct integration with the subsurface and drilling teams, good completion fluids design and clean-up and well-testing processes.
- Identification/Coordination and (via SWO) support of BP technical support offers to Rosneft to impact productivity and efficiency. Clear and effective cooperation with our RN colleagues on deployment and execution.
- Work in a small dynamic Team delivering fast reaction solutions across a broad spectrum of work-fronts, expected to be multi-tasking extensively and working as a part-time member of a number of Teams.
- University Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Deep experience in Petroleum Engineering, but with a strong bias to the areas of well interventions/wellwork and new well completions aspects (steel), vs. reservoir engineering (rock).
- 10 + experience, including practical field experience & a track-record of well work delivery and optimizing production and new field developments, through PTL's, choke models, well reviews etc.
- Experience of working with PROSPER, MBAL, GAP, and other associated Production Engineering Software. Hydraulic fracturing and chemical stimulation experience is essential and associated stimulation software.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with national partner (RosNeft), NOJV structures and contractor employees, within BP disciplines/ networks and with external partners.
- Detailed understanding of New Well Delivery, completion operations, well intervention operations, well productivity enhancement options, ESP operations, IAM modelling and production technologies.
- Black oil field development (with ESPs) and Gas field (tight-gas ideally) development experience desirable, with multi fractured horizontal wells. Life of well considerations and workover experience also helpful.
- Demonstrable track record of working with multi-well pad developments, in an onshore oil or gas field environment and arctic conditions will be important. As well as high well-counts and waterflood environments.
- Experience of Russian oilfield
- Fluent in English and Russian languages
- Joint Venture and/or NOJV style experience is also beneficial.