Skills: Rig Mechanic
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
JOB SUMMARY/MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Mechanic is the designated mechanical person who is responsible for, but not limited to, ensuring that all mechanical systems remain operative and ensuring compliance with safety, regulatory body and test standards. The Mechanic ensures preventative and corrective maintenance schedules are adequate and completed within their time scale, reporting and documenting any defects in accordance with the maintenance system used. Ensure Engine Room Assistant (ERA) carries out his/her duties as per ERA job description.
2 QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
The Mechanic shall:
Display a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (QHSSE) objectives and maintain a positive QHSSE culture by personal leadership and example that holds all employees accountable.
In accordance with Northern Offshore QHSSE Policy Statement (CG-POL-001) be empowered to "STOP THE JOB" if it is thought QHSSE core values are being compromised.
Establish and maintain a commitment to continual improvement in Northern Offshore operations and performance, utilising and complying with the Integrated Management System's policies, procedures and processes.
Adhere to relevant procedures and processes to meet Northern Offshore requirements regarding risk identification, risk assessment, risk elimination, risk minimisation and risk control.
Use Northern Offshore behaviour-based safety programme (C.A.R.E.S - Continually Assessing Risk Ensuring Safety).
Report all injuries, illnesses, damages to equipment and unplanned releases to air, water and / or deck as soon as possible to the OIM (Offshore Installation Manager) and / or relevant Supervisor.
REQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT
Preferred previous experience as Mechanic within drilling operations with
knowledge of drilling equipment and crane procedures.
Preferred recognised Mechanical qualification.
Must successfully satisfy all Company, regulatory and client training certification
as per rig specific training matrix.
Adhere to Northern Offshore Competency Development Programme.
Working safely is a condition of employment at all Northern Offshore work
4 MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and repairs of mechanical equipment
on-board the installation.
- Minimise equipment downtime due to mechanical equipment failures and assist
electrician should it be required.
- Plan maintenance and repair tasks to minimise any disruption to drilling
- Maintain and perform preventative maintenance routines, ensuring all report
content is correct and completed and closed in a timely manner.
- Report any shortfalls on equipment parts, tools and consumables needed to
maintain the equipment they are responsible for.
- Install/remove, repair, replace, troubleshoot and inspect for safety compliance
equipment and systems.
- Review Offshore Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Spare Parts Manuals as
necessary to identify required parts for ongoing or future planned repairs and
- Carry out mechanical isolations on equipment to be worked on by him/herself
and others as per Northern Offshore isolation procedures.
- Participate in Safety meetings, Tool Box Talks, safety drills and inspections.
Maintain all certification as required by appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Complete paperwork as directed by line supervisor.
- Document any changes to drilling unit mechanical systems or equipment as
per Northern Offshore IMS document procedures.
- Identify and assist in any C.O.S.H.H inadequacies for lubricants and chemicals
being used during daily activities.
- Know and properly execute emergency procedures and responsibilities in
accordance with station bill as directed.
- Know rig abandonment procedures, location and use of alarm systems, render
assistance with personal qualifications in case of personal injury in an
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor(s).
Nexus People Group delivers consistent, end-to-end manpower solutions to the Oil & Gas industry, enabling asset owners and operators to focus on their core business.
Launched in 1999 as OCB Oilfield Services, the company pioneered the ‘Integrated Resource Management’ approach and has been providing seamless Manpower and Recruitment solutions to Oil & Gas projects on a global scale. Through acquisitions, NEXUS has become an established provider and complete manpower solutions covering a wide spectrum of the oil and gas.