Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrical Technician, Electrician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
JOB SUMMARY/MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Electronic Technician is the designated responsible person for the maintenance, calibration and repairs of instrumentation including F & G and communications systems on board the installation. The Electronic Technician ensures all systems are maintained and are in compliance within safety and regulatory body standards. The Electronic Technician ensures preventative and corrective maintenance schedules are adequate and completed within their time scale reporting and documenting any defects in accordance with the maintenance system used.
2 QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
The Electronic Technician shall:
Display a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (QHSSE) objectives and maintain a positive QHSSE culture by personal leadership and example that holds all employees accountable.
In accordance with Northern Offshore QHSSE Policy Statement (CG-POL-001) be empowered to "STOP THE JOB" if it is thought QHSSE core values are being compromised.
Establish and maintain a commitment to continual improvement in Northern Offshore operations and performance, utilising and complying with the Integrated Management System's policies, procedures and processes.
Adhere to relevant procedures and processes to meet Northern Offshore requirements regarding risk identification, risk assessment, risk elimination, risk minimisation and risk control.
Use Northern Offshore behaviour-based safety programme (C.A.R.E.S - Continually Assessing Risk Ensuring Safety).
Report all injuries, illnesses, damages to equipment and unplanned releases to air, water and / or deck as soon as possible to the OIM (Offshore Installation Manager) and / or relevant Supervisor.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT
Preferred previous experience as Electronics Technician within drilling operations with knowledge of drilling equipment, F & G systems, PLC and computer controlled systems. Experience in VFD Drive and SCR system would be beneficial pertaining to the Company requirements.
Preferred recognised Electrical / Electronic qualification.
Must successfully satisfy all Company, regulatory and client training certification as per rig specific training matrix.
Adhere to Northern Offshore Competency Development Programme.
Working safely is a condition of employment at all Northern Offshore work locations.
4 MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and repairs of instrumentation, communications and F & G equipment on-board the installation.
- Minimise systems downtime due to electrical and control system failures, assist electrician and mechanic when required.
- Plan maintenance and repair tasks to minimise any disruption to drilling operations.
- Maintain and perform preventative maintenance routines, ensuring all report content is correct and completed and closed in a timely manner.
- Report any shortfalls on equipment parts, tools and consumables needed to maintain the equipment they are responsible for.
- Install/remove, repair, replace, troubleshoots and inspect for safety compliance equipment and systems.
- Provide safety leadership and on site supervision for both routine and non-routine maintenance activities.
- Review OEM Spare Parts Manuals as necessary to identify required parts for ongoing or future planned repairs and projects.
Correspond with the OIM and Maintenance Supervisor for overall costs and budgeting for instrumentation systems.
- Participate in Safety meetings, Tool Box Talks, safety drills and inspections.
- Report damaged equipment, tools or safety equipment to rig supervisors immediately.
- Maintain all certification as required by appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Ensure clear departmental handovers are communicated to relief personnel.
- Complete any paperwork as directed by line supervisor.
- Document any change to drilling unit electrical/electronic systems or equipment as per Northern Offshore IMS document procedures.
- Identify and assist in any C.O.S.H.H inadequacies for lubricants and chemicals being used during daily activities.
- Know and properly execute emergency procedures and responsibilities in accordance with station bill as directed.
- Know rig abandonment procedures, location and use of alarm systems, render assistance with personal qualifications in case of personal injury in an emergency.
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor(s).
Nexus People Group delivers consistent, end-to-end manpower solutions to the Oil & Gas industry, enabling asset owners and operators to focus on their core business.
Launched in 1999 as OCB Oilfield Services, the company pioneered the ‘Integrated Resource Management’ approach and has been providing seamless Manpower and Recruitment solutions to Oil & Gas projects on a global scale. Through acquisitions, NEXUS has become an established provider and complete manpower solutions covering a wide spectrum of the oil and gas.