Other Skills: IWCF Level 4
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
JOB SUMMARY/MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Toolpusher supervises the work activity of the on-tour drilling department personnel to include carrying out objectives established by the Senior Toolpusher, Offshore Installation Manager and/or client. Essential functions include planning, scheduling, problem solving, conducting inspections and operational meetings, interacting with other rig department heads and communicating directions to the Driller in relation to operations/well programme. The ultimate objective of this position is to complete successful offshore oil and/or gas wells to the satisfaction of the client, Company management and within compliance of applicable regulations.
2 QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
The Toolpusher shall:
Display a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (QHSSE) objectives and maintain a positive QHSSE culture by personal leadership and example that holds all employees accountable.
In accordance with Northern Offshore's QHSSE Policy Statement (CG-POL-001) be empowered to "STOP THE JOB" if it is thought QHSSE core values are being compromised.
Establish and maintain a commitment to continual improvement in Northern Offshore's operations and performance, utilising and complying with the Integrated Management System's policies, procedures and processes.
Adhere to relevant procedures and processes to meet Northern Offshore's requirements regarding risk identification, risk assessment, risk elimination, risk minimisation and risk control.
Use Northern Offshore's behaviour-based safety programme (C.A.R.E.S - Continually Assessing Risk Ensuring Safety.
Report all injuries, illnesses, damages to equipment and unplanned releases to air, water and / or deck as soon as possible to the OIM (Offshore Installation Manager) and / or relevant Supervisor.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT
Preferred previous experience as Driller or Toolpusher with experience in drilling operations, equipment and procedures.
Must successfully satisfy all Company, regulatory and client training certification as per rig specific training matrix.
Adhere to Northern Offshore's Competency Development Programme.
Working safely is a condition of employment at all Northern Offshore work locations.
4 MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Toolpusher is Person In Charge (PIC) for night shift operations.
- Responsible for documenting all Company paperwork including (but not limited to) IADC Logs, Daily Reports, certification relating to drilling operations and equipment.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times by all crew members under Toolpusher's supervision.
- Responsible for overall drilling operations.
- Direct and manage drill crews in all aspects of drilling operations.
- Plan and liaise drilling programme with Rig Manager / OIM / Senior Toolpusher / Driller / Company representative.
- Review well programme and look ahead to enable forward planning.
- The Toolpusher must have a comprehensive understanding of the Company's Well Control Manual and Well Control Procedures ie detecting, control and recovery.
- Execute all emergency assignments in accordance with station bill as directed.
- Know and properly execute emergency signals, procedures and responsibilities in accordance with station bill as directed.
- Know rig abandonment procedures, location and use of fire alarms, render assistance with personal qualifications in case of personal injury in an emergency.
Relieve Driller periodically and provide direct supervision and coaching where necessary.
- Maintenance and integrity of drilling equipment.
- Report all equipment defects to relevant department.
- Review all Operational/Technical Bulletins and implement all directives as required.
- Review, manage and implement IMS and well control manual.
- Coordinate the Company's Preventative Maintenance Programmes in area of responsibility.
- Supervise investigation of incidents.
- Conduct disciplinary and grievance hearings as per Northern Offshore procedures.
- Participate in Safety meetings, Tool Box Talks, safety drills and inspections.
- Supervise/conduct/delegate regular performance evaluations of personnel.
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor(s).
CANDIDATES WITH WORKING EXPERIENCE IN JACKUPS WITH NOV AMHION SYSTEMS PREFERRED.
**IWCF LEVEL 4 CERTIFICATE MANDATORY**