Skills: Project Engineer, Estimating
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley are recruiting for a Lead Estimator for a 12 month contract to join our Aberdeen based office.
The Lead Estimator is an experienced project / contract estimating professional capable of managing estimate development for a portfolio of scopes ranging from minor modifications to target Capital projects. The Lead Estimator will be an accomplished discipline specialist, or generalist, with a wide range of experience in estimating all phases and topsides brownfield modification scope. The Lead Estimator will have a minimum 7 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry and also in the direct supervision of estimating staff. Although not essential, experience in fixed price / lump sum estimating is desirable. The Lead Estimator will oversee and contribute to the preparation and evaluation of cost estimates for the a contract with many concurrent scopes progressing different phases.
- Responsible for a team of Estimators.
- Provide estimating services to the project / contract for all levels of estimate as required.
- Asign tasks to Estimators.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Fulfil the role of Lead Estimator on a portfolio contract, managing all estimating issues with interface to cost, commercial, planning engineering, construction and completions/commissioning.
- Understand the corporate and contract specific estimating procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Establish, maintain and promote robust estimating procedures and guidelines.
- Build working relationships and communicate effectively with all other functions, particularly where estimating input is essential.
- Responsible for the preparation of estimates from concept to detailed execution.
- Input and maintenance of the central repository of estimating data together with appropriate mechanism for keeping current prices.
- Deliver estimates in a timely manner from estimating documents (drawings, MTOs, etc.)
- Deliver a comprehensive estimating service to the business for all 3rd party activities including major equipment, materials, services and fabrications.
- Proficient in the use of the corporate estimating tools.
- Responsible for developing an estimating methodology and repository of data that is regularly updated to reflect current pricing.
- Identify cost estimate deliverables.
- Set escalation & contingency figures in accordance with company guidelines.
- Take part in and liaise with risk analysis team as required.
- Attendance at project meetings to represent estimating function.
- Provide input into reports and presentations.
- Able to multi-task and take responsibility for delivering with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the training of estimating personnel including trainees & graduates.
- Acting as a coach or mentor to others.
- Managing team development through the 'people success' programme.
- Liase with Project Engineers to ensure the necessary information is made available to prepare the required estimates.
- Assist in the Change Control process.
- Review and checking estimates.
- Carry out function audits.
Qualifications and Certificates
- Excellent IT skills including the main Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Equivalent experience of estimating.
- Good organisational skills.