Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsible for test creation testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business..
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience
• Extensive hands on experience in active development, test automation related practices
• Min. 2 year of active participation in agile projects in development/automated testing roles
• Expert level understanding of development design practices
• Expert level understanding of one or more development quality tools such as JUnit, NUnit, CppUnit , Klocwork,
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, testers , managers
• Ability to work well with culturally diverse global teams
• Ability to multitask between multiple product development teams
• Expert understanding of all aspects of agile development
• Keen desire to be at the leading edge of technology and process practices
• Passion to share expertise and coach teams and individuals to be world class
• Able to apply principles of logical or scientific reasoning to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Leads quality engineering discussions in a limited manner and mentors other junior quality engineers.
• Owns large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts.
• Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
• Contributes in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
• Appropriately reuses existing code wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
• Develops and enhances the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams.
• Determines testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
• Expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
• Skilled at developing code for other developers to learn from. Skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
• Provides functional / technical expertise in bug fixes.
• As an expert in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
• Uses test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space.
• Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
• Work as a recognized expert in testing in an agile development team environment and bring about adoption of best practices in agile testing
• Guide test leads/tester engineers and developers in evaluating and recommending current tools and trends in test automation, unit testing , static analysis , run time quality
• Act as a reviewer in Acceptance, smoke and regression test automation design ,
• Serve as an independent reviewer in hot fixes/patches regression and release testing
• Promote consistency across teams in quality and testing related practices and meet organizational goals related to testing technical practices
• Participate as an expert in agile development milestones - release and sprint planning , retrospectives, to coach teams on testing related technical practices
• Analyse field defect trends and recommend changes and improvements in development and testing practices to improve quality
• Will serve as an expert on RCAs and recommend changes/improvements in development and testing practices to improve field quality
• Will provide on demand, as needed expert consultancy for agile spikes, solving sustaining related field issues
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.