Senior Instructional Designer
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Senior Instructional Designer for a 6 month contract in Calgary, AB.
Our client has a contract role in their Downstream Commodity Risk Trading Management (CTRM) project (Symmetry). The goal of this project is to enhance the company's commodity trading and risk management capabilities within the Downstream business by implementing and integrating an industry leading CTRM application. This project will replace six major software applications and integrate with over 20 internal and external applications impacting more than 150 users in Canadian and US offices. The change impacts business processes, technology and organization/culture.
They are looking for an individual with proven instructional design experience to join their Change Management Team. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience designing and developing training with major technology implementation initiatives; experience with Allegro Horizon or other Commodity Trading and Risk Management software implementations is preferred.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively as part of a broader team that includes Senior Change Management Advisors, Senior Learning & Development Lead, Project Business Analysts, and Subject Matter Experts from the business.
- Work with the Senior Learning & Development Lead and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to support the development and delivery of implementation-related training for the Project to ensure an integrated approach, including:
- Conduct/validate learning needs assessments (LNA) to determine learning requirements to support a role-based curriculum
- Responsible to determine course outlines, key learning objectives, topics and associated scenario-based exercises for both instructor-led training and Allegro e-learning and tools
- Facilitate meetings with SMEs and project team members to obtain content in an organized and efficient manner
- Aid in identifying process gaps and contribute in documenting process flows and narratives as a direct input into training content
- Prepare paper-based material for printing and publishing
- Design hands on exercises for system and tool training including creating data when required
- Build rapport and manage relationships with business SMEs and project team members
- Adhere to a staged development process, obtaining required sign off at required stage gates in development
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the instructional design standards and development methodology
- Champion and adhere to the naming standards, version control mechanisms and document management requirements for instructional materials
- Identify measures of success for training and incorporating the Program's measures of success
- Incorporate key communication messages as developed by Change Management and Communications into training materials
Must have qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Degree/Certification in Workplace Learning, Adult Education preferred
- 8-10 years' experience creating instructional design documents for software, systems or applications
- Experienced in the use of Visio
- Expert knowledge in MSWord (knowledge of how to use styles and develop templates)
- Attention to detail, ability to proofread and edit other's work
- Knowledge of instructional design best practices and adult learning principles
- Classroom facilitation experience
- Understanding of how an LMS functions in an organization and experience working with LMS administrators to upload and deploy courses
- Expertise in the use of SnagIt
- Experienced in the use of SharePoint or other document repository systems and the rigor required for the management of instructional materials
- Knowledge of Midstream and Downstream oil and refined products business
- Knowledge of the Commodity Trading and Risk Management life cycle
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.