Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN I
A Service Technician prepares well-site equipment for shipment to domestic and international drilling sites for Core Lab client companies. This person will work under the direct supervision of the Field Service Supervisor or other designated supervisors of the Routine Rock Properties Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive equipment as it is returned from well-site activity
- Inspect/repair equipment to assure safety standards are met
- Inspect/repair equipment to protect Core Lab's professional image with our client companies
- Establish and monitor an inventory system of all field equipment
- Establish a regular maintenance schedule for each piece of equipment
- Assure that scheduled maintenance is conducted as all equipment is returned from the field
- Keep equipment maintenance area clean and orderly to provide a safe working environment
- Under supervision of the Field Service Supervisor establish a precise shipment inventory for each project
- Confirm project inventory prior to shipment preparation
- Final inspection as to equipment condition
- Pack equipment securely to prevent damage during shipment
- Label all crates, equipment and supplies clearly to assure it arrives at the final destination
- Inspect all supporting documentation for accuracy to prevent complications during shipment due to improperly completed forms or documents
- Purchase supplies and equipment as directed by Field Service Supervisor
- Keep shipment staging area clean and orderly for a safe working environment
Assisting Field Service Supervisor and Core Analysts/Supervisors as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified fork lift experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be asked to lift 75 pounds and perform repetitive actions comfortably. Service Representatives are required to operate fork-lift and demonstrate continuous safe work habits during all assigned tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All areas designated for equipment maintenance and shipment staging are non-heated, non-air-conditioned.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.