- Develop and implement equipment asset plans using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Risk Based Inspections (RBI) and other reliability techniques to enhance reliability and equipment uptime.
- Review, enhance, develop and support the implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance tasks and to ensure tasks mitigate, warn or defend against equipment failures.
- Apply engineering theory, practices, and principles to perform physical failure analysis, determine root cause of equipment failures and conduct equipment performance evaluations.
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost on different classes of equipment.
- Communicates investigation findings and relevant studies to operations, maintenance and engineering to promote and foster the overall reliability culture at the site
- BS degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical or Instrument depending on their work focus); preference for 5-10 years of reliability work experience and training in the refining/petrochemical industry
- Basic understanding of principles and techniques including:
- Maintenance and reliability best practices
- Predictive techniques for fixed, rotating, power distribution equipment and instrumentation e.g. vibration analysis, nondestructive testing, thermography, etc.
- Fixed equipment diagnostic technologies
- Equipment Life Cycle Cost
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Engineering codes and their application
- Cost/capital analysis and justification
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.