Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Blaine, Washington, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As the Machinery Engineering Team Lead you will develop and manage the capability of the site's Machinery Engineering team and associated equipment. In this role you will balance and manage team work load for the discipline.
The Machinery Engineer Team Lead is responsible for the effectiveness of the Machinery Engineering discipline, condition monitoring program, long term machinery investment plan and maintenance repair strategies.
- Lead a team of 6 - 9 Machine and Discipline Engineers.
- Willingness to build team work within a working group of peers and colleagues.
- Attract, develop and retain Machine Engineering talent.
- Participates, as required, in the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Develops and manages team budgets when appropriate.
- Actively participates in BP technical networks, BP communities of interest and industry forums including API.
- Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance and awareness in area of responsibility to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment.
- Participates in all applicable refinery safety programs.
- Accomplishes work in compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Leads safety culture for direct reports through example and participation.
- Understands and is compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures.
- Serves as the Technical Authority for the machine discipline.
- Machine vibration training and certification required. Bentley System 1 experience and training preferred.
- In depth understanding of lube oil, application, testing, and analytics.
- Detailed condition monitoring history and background for specific applications a plus.
- Capable of developing Site Technical Practices (STP's) in the machinery field.
- Enforces adherence to codes, standards, and specifications in the inspection, repair, alteration, design, and construction of refinery equipment.
- Drives innovation through the application of technology.
- Ensures the appropriate troubleshooting analysis, failure analysis and technical solutions are employed.
- Leads or supports Root Cause Investigations (RCA) and near misses through systematic process.
- Identifies improvements and works with others to define and direct or execute the project.
- Maintains a clean, safe work site and ensures adequate housekeeping.
- Provides the primary focus on Proactive Maintenance and reliability for the plant rotating equipment and systems.
- Provides technical support to the Operations, Maintenance, Process and Project teams.
- Provides technical input in determining priority of equipment repairs.
- Assists Turnaround planning with scope development, and identification of critical activities in areas of expertise.
- Assists in training craftsmen in area of expertise and directs critical activities requiring special expertise.
- Assists planning in determining the detailed scope of work, estimate, and bill of materials.
- Assists in preparing, reviewing and approving machinery related bids.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining accurate, up-to-date equipment records, including baseline data.
- Analyzes equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to reliability/operating problems.
- Assists in verifying correct parts are being used and assessing whether used parts are repairable.
- Reviews/develops standardized repair procedures for use in BP and outside repair shops in the area of expertise.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Professional Engineering License, Bentley Nevada System 1 Training and Certifications.
- Required: Minimum 15 plus years in Machinery Engineering or equivalent. Experience supporting maintenance, reliability, process or project engineering is essential.
- Preferred: Oil and Gas Experience
- Other Criteria (ex. Certifications, ability to work at heights)
- Required: Successful candidate must have a TWIC card on their first day of employment. More information can be found on the TSA website: https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/