The Production Enhancement "PE" Centre of Excellence "COE" Senior Operations Leader will be based in Houston and will report directly to the Global Subsea Integrated Services Solutions leader.
The role will be the focal point for all aspects of global Production Enhancement execution, supporting the existing eight services regional structures with Rental Light Well Intervention and Fluid Enhancement assets, personnel, running spares, procedures and associated system engineering operational & maintenance support.
Key stakeholders are both Customer and Internal and the role will drive all Services aspects of PE subsea deliverables to meet defined contractual requirements. The position will have primary responsibility supporting regionally executed projects, providing daily leadership working across the Oilfield Equipment "OFE" matrices, defining operational support and associated actions, tracking and providing direction to Subsea Services key personnel supporting PE execution, ie Rental assets, associated shop operations, Field operation personnel, Engineering Services, Quality, Logistics, Sourcing.
The role will also be required to travel to customer / internal locations for business purpose and provide Operational input into Commercial bids with the objective being to provide operational input to enhance execution models.
The leadership role will be accountable for driving predefined company Operating metrics below
- Implementation of maintenance and execution strategies to ensure maximized rental asset availability and On Time Delivery "OTD"
- Driving a high quality Subsea Services customer delivery by means of leading improvement loop meetings and lessons learned and implementation of feedback / actions minimizing Cost of Poor Quality "CoPQ"
- Ensuring seamless contractual execution as per customer and BHGE requirements, ie compliant assets, spares, procedures, drawings, personnel / competencies, work permits, logistics all connect to ensure zero non productive time "NPT"
- Driving rental assets and personnel operational availability and utilizations are >85%
- Managing the Project Operations team to maintain execution cost budget in adherence with commercial tender BHGE "L" cost models, assisting driving regional profitability and cash contributions
- Managing across the matrix to ensure a cohesive approach towards contract executions and fulfillment, ITO - OTR handover process.
- Driving processes across the functions to ensure a compliant safe execution of global RLWI, Riser Based intervention and Fluid Intervention projects both onshore and offshore.
- Provide a high level of professional leadership to the COE teams to meet all assigned targets and forecasts. Drive cross matrix development and competency / training plans to ensure creation of a robust OTR execution team including Field services, Project Managers, Engineering Services, coordinators, planners, specialists within the COE / region.
- Manage teams and processes to continually monitor and review the Rental Assets and Field Services team performance against internal Company performance standards and report out on a quarterly basis, ensuring Company requirements in terms of HSE, Quality, Compliance, delivery performance, financial targets and Customer satisfaction are met or improved upon, connecting the direct report teams and support functions to the overall regional execution strategy
- Liaise with the ITO organization to understand execution costings and finalize execution models within the estimates to complete used in the tender process. Translate the agreed Ts & Cs into regional statements in order to establish the regional execution scope of work. Ensure that the execution team understands contractual/customer specific requirement and commitments prior to start of execution and through reviews & audits
- Based on the bid model budget, influence the regional services teams upsizing and downsizing accordingly to meet delivery and cost model criteria. Effectively communicate Goals and Objectives within the local Services delivery teams. Support field start-up priorities and instigate generation of lower level plans and deliverable documents by the team(s) to ensure success. Accountable to maintaining, driving and reporting control cost, delivery and quality through execution.
- Drive the development of robust planning & maintenance systems, optimizing execution processes and ensure an optimized ERP system reflecting the Services processes with focus on simplification and efficiency
- Responsible for management of utilization of the Rental Assets, Field services teams and shop teams, meet with teams regularly to share operational insights, performance and strategies.
- Assist with development of robust cost efficient execution methods with the product groups with focus on Subsea Well Intervention and Fluid Enhancement asset obsolescence management initiatives
- Responsible for developing, enhancing and reporting all operational metrics, owns monthly, quarterly and annual financial targets an according execution strategies / reporting rhythms
- Partner the COE horizontally with the Regional sales, commercial organization, Projects, customers, support functions, to drive improvement loop meetings / operational excellence processes and tools.
- Owns the development / standardization of the execution and organizational models across the COE / regions to drive simplification, efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction, work with the ITO teams across the matrix to build into bid processes strategies for growing the Services offerings.
- Promote and own a working environment to achieve excellence in HSE, Compliance, Quality and Customer Service & Productivity
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited university or college (preference of Engineering or other technical degree).
- Subsea Operational management experience
- 10+ years of Subsea Oil & Gas or relevant industry experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Subsea project/contract management or operations role
- 5+ years in a Senior Subsea Management role.
- In-depth knowledge of Subsea Product lines, Project Management techniques (PMP certification preferred) as applicable to equipment manufacture, field services and service equipment (e.g. tools) management.
- Ability to manage & lead effectively in a dynamic, matrix and fast paced environment.
- Ability to develop, layout, and execute on detailed project execution plans and programs.
- Ability to problem solve while staying objective and analytical.
- Ability to travel up to 25% as determined by customer and regional needs.
- Has a proven performance track record.
- Business acumen and commercial savvy including strong knowledge of contractual terms and conditions to facilitate potential negotiations with customers.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence in a cross-functional, global and matrix environment.
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with issues, tasks and driving them to closure.
- Strong focus on customer service and relationship building including experience handling customer issues/escalations.
- Understanding of APAC, India and Russia regional characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to get deep into operations and demonstrating accountability to resolve issues through a positive and team-oriented environment
- Strong Oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and ability to work with IT systems including but not limited to Oracle, Primavera, AS400, SAP, and Microsoft Office suite
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more