Skills: Process Engineer
Other Skills: Process engineering, chemical engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Wareham, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to become part of our Engineering team based at Europe's largest onshore oilfield at Wytch Farm, Dorset.
The role of the Process Engineer is to provide process support to front line operations at Wytch Farm and to lead modifications to improve the Wytch Farm asset in terms of profitability and safety. There is also a requirement to lead and/or provide process engineering support to other projects across the asset.
We are looking for an individual with a few years post graduate process engineering experience, preferably gained within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemicals industry. You will either already be Chartered or will be able to demonstrate a commitment to achieving Chartered Status.
This position will report to the Senior Process Engineer and operates on a Monday to Friday basis.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide technical support to operations team for plant optimisation and troubleshooting.
• Ensure production losses are investigated and prevented from recurring.
• Provide an interface to reservoir and production engineers in understanding constraints and surface facilities issues.
• Provide technical input to plant modifications within the management of change process and assist with process technical queries from other teams on site.
• Ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental legislation within sphere of responsibility.
• Act as Single Point of Accountability for specific project delivery in the Engineering team, or provide input where required to projects carried out by operations or projects teams.
• Participate as required in HAZOP, LOPA and other safety related reviews and studies.
• Support development of graduates and interns through effective management of their workscopes and activities.
• Act as a member of the Wytch Farm site incident management team
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering.
• Chartered Status or near Chartered Status with the IChemE preferred.
• Process Engineering - experience in a technical role within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry preferred.
• Awareness of project management fundamentals
• Awareness of management of change processes
• Risk Management - practical knowledge of risk management within an operational set-up, preferably with actual exposure/experience on an operational site.
• COSHH awareness
• Waste management awareness
• Appropriate safety training and safety management system awareness.
• Knowledge and experience in the use of Permit to Work systems
• Experience in the generation and use of Task Risk Assessment
• Experience in the use of QA/QC systems such as GOC.
• Excellent team working skills and a strong communicator with the ability to interact with organisational personnel at all levels and with contract personnel with whom the individual would have direct working contact.
• Good time management skills and an ability to plan and organise both work activities and
• the resources required to execute them.
• An ability to pull together an engineering work pack and then to support converting it into a construction work pack and an executable piece of work out on site.
• Able to proactively apply previous lessons learnt
• Able to provide integrity and enforce appropriate standards in spite of pressure from other personnel focussing on time and costs.
• Able to recognise risks and hazards.
• Able to tender and manage contracts.
• Able to prevent conflicts between activities in support of business priorities.
• Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills, self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others.
• Able to work with others using a variety of influencing skills to avoid conflict and arrive at the best overall outcome from a business and HSE perspective.
• Open mindedness and the ability to challenge conventional methods of working, examine multiple options and select the preferred solution. Able to prioritise activities.
• An enthusiastic approach with a keenness to learn and develop best in class working relationships with contractors and fellow employees alike.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision